Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,391   Online: 671

Thread: konica big mini

Shooter
    35mm RF

konica big mini

i want a big mini f but it seems like there the LEAST amount of info about them maybe its a jap spec camera or maybe cause it was never any good but something cheap with exp compensation would be so grand.

anyone have any info?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Is it this camera? http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ko...ig_Mini_BM-201

After looking a bit more, here's some info on the F version: http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=000HMn
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm RF
    theres alot of versions. mostly f3.5 but the F is the last rendition and is f2.8

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by awwsheeet View Post
    i want a big mini f but it seems like there the LEAST amount of info about them maybe its a jap spec camera or maybe cause it was never any good but something cheap with exp compensation would be so grand.

anyone have any info?
    For starters, don't use the term "jap."

Lots of info if you use Google.

The Big Mini was made famous by Hiromix in the 90s.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    its japanese specification

i dont think that the jap spec abbreviation was inappropriate.(or offensive)

i have google also ...its minimal in info. a few people asking about it and you just hear about hiromix robert frank in vanity fair and how its a cult camera. maybe im just looking to sample pics and if people dig more or less than the other usual suspects.

anyone have one?

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one as my pocket camera and I like it a lot. The lens is very good, the exposure determination is quite accurate and it's very discrete (at least, compared to my other cameras!) Like most of its kind, though, there is a distinct lag between pressing the shutter release and when it gets around to making the exposure. I like my Big Mini for casual snapshots but it won't be replacing my Yashica Electro any time soon.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The big mini is a high-quality point-and-shoot camera similar to a yashica t4 and olympus stylus epic.
    If i remember correctly, the lens is a 30mm instead of the fairly standard 35mm of the others.
    It has a nice slim profile. The shutter is quiet, but the film advance is loud. (at least on mine).
    Other than that, it has pretty much the same specs as the others.

It is an enjoyable pocket camera.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin