Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,226   Online: 813

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

should I buy this Leica stuff?

I've gotten a chance to buy this Leica stuff for a total price of $1400, everything is new, unused and in the box except the 80-200 wich is mint.

- Leica R8
    - Summicron-R 1:2 50mm
    - Vario Elmar 1:4 80-200
    - Motor winder R for R4/R5/R6 (compatible with R8?)
    - Handgrip R (compatible with R8?)
    - Vario Elmar R 1:4 35-70mm
    - Super Colorplan-P2 1:2,5 90mm MC (possible to use for anything else than slide projectors?)
    - Elmar-M 1:2.8 50mm

What do you think? It's all or nothing. I have Canon, Pentax and Olympus SLR's, so it would be nice if the lenses could also be used on those with an adapter. For me it sounds like a good deal, even though the R system is discontinued.

Shooter
    35mm
    probably hot

where is this?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Saudi Arabians buy dozens of Rolls Royces and replace the engine with Chevrolet and race in deserts. Are you Arabian ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's from a guy I know. He is not going to use it, so it's for sale. I can inspect the items before I buy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It looks like a good deal BUT only if you have a good use for this gear. I wouldn't touch Leica R gear with a long pole if I'd plan to resell it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wouldn't touch Leica R gear with a long pole either way
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not planning on reselling anything, except only the motor drive if it doesn't fit and the projector lens. My main interest is in the glass, but I will for sure use the R8 if I buy it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And I should add, it would be nice with some high quality lenses with smooth manual focus for my video work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumalite View Post
    I wouldn't touch Leica R gear with a long pole either way
    Usually you touch Leica's with your fingers and lots of cash, the early Rs are Minolta XEs in disguise, so when you slam Leica you are slamming Minolta too.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I never use leica slr but I know that you can use the R lenses on canon eos with adapter. And judging from the form factor of the R8 compared to the previous models I don't think the motor would fit (just guessing here) and the elmar should be for the M rangefinder series.
    So probably you'll have the body, a 50mm, 35-70, and a 80-200. A solid set if you plan to use it maybe add a wide angle.
    For the price maybe you can check keh.com for guide.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin