Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,027   Online: 708

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    X. Phot.
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Sirius Glass, what luck, I am an expert on half assed photography and have the prints to prove it!

jnanian, sorry, it's a no go with the LTM too. Same problem as the M mount, not enough room for an adapter that will still let the lens reach infinity.

X. Phot., good one. Still OK to photograph M42 with a M42 mount camera?
    I have never tried. Excellent! I love a good challenge.

Shooter
    35mm
    One more note.
    Over at Rangefinder Forum, under 'half frame', at the top of the page there is a sticky. It is a link to a monograph written by Peter Dechert that contains a wealth of information about the Pen F system. It is a free download in PDF format, one copy, personal use only. Just thought some of you folks might be interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    jnanian, sorry, it's a no go with the LTM too. Same problem as the M mount, not enough room for an adapter that will still let the lens reach infinity.

oh well ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I do not think somebody mentionned it, you have a social group for 1/2 frame : http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/ha...me-temple.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome. I collected 1/2 frame cameras for some years decades ago when you could buy them all day long for a buck or two at the camera stores. They were being traded-in in droves. I had an almost complete collection of Olympus including the F, FT and FTV bodies. I found universally the Olympus lenses to be sending to none of the Japanese manufacturers. Finally a dealer wanted the collection and we struck a dealer.

The Konica Autoreflex is a killer slr. I loved using it but every once in a while I forgot to advance the film after switching. It went with the collection and if it had not, it probably would still be my only 35mm slr system today.

I had the Dial 35 in both the Canon and Bell & Howell badges. An interesting camera but with the winder being so large it sort of defeated the compact body size. The winders on these were a weak point and I saw many that could not be wound.

Todat I still have a Konica AA-35 with the typical battery door issue. I can use it by taping the battery door shut. It is a very practical camera in that it is thin enough to actually be a shirt pocket camera. I had it put away and forgotten until only a short time ago when I happened across it. It is sitting out ready to be loaded and put back in service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Romary View Post
    I do not think somebody mentionned it, you have a social group for 1/2 frame : http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/ha...me-temple.html
    I did not know. I will have to figure out how to join it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I did not know. I will have to figure out how to join it.

Steve
    It took me about two minutes to figure that out.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Fujica Half 1.9 I have been tooling around with in one way or another. Its had a roll of 400tx in it forever. Teeny little thing but it's not too bad for an $8 Goodwill score.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S / 90 3.8 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / 5D d*****l / L lenses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two Bell & Howell Dial 35's, a Pen EE-2, A Konica Auto-Reflex, and a Mercury II (which is just slightly larger than half-frame). Half-frame is a lot of fun, but it takes me forever to finish a roll of film.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Tessina I haven't shot in years, got too expensive to get prints made as it's not exactly 1/2 frame. Now that I'm getting into developing I may get it out as I have the loader and numerous cassettes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin