Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,510   Online: 1020

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    X. Phot.
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Sirius Glass, what luck, I am an expert on half assed photography and have the prints to prove it!

jnanian, sorry, it's a no go with the LTM too. Same problem as the M mount, not enough room for an adapter that will still let the lens reach infinity.

X. Phot., good one. Still OK to photograph M42 with a M42 mount camera?
    I have never tried. Excellent! I love a good challenge.

Shooter
    35mm
    One more note.
    Over at Rangefinder Forum, under 'half frame', at the top of the page there is a sticky. It is a link to a monograph written by Peter Dechert that contains a wealth of information about the Pen F system. It is a free download in PDF format, one copy, personal use only. Just thought some of you folks might be interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    jnanian, sorry, it's a no go with the LTM too. Same problem as the M mount, not enough room for an adapter that will still let the lens reach infinity.

oh well ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I do not think somebody mentionned it, you have a social group for 1/2 frame : http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/ha...me-temple.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome. I collected 1/2 frame cameras for some years decades ago when you could buy them all day long for a buck or two at the camera stores. They were being traded-in in droves. I had an almost complete collection of Olympus including the F, FT and FTV bodies. I found universally the Olympus lenses to be sending to none of the Japanese manufacturers. Finally a dealer wanted the collection and we struck a dealer.

The Konica Autoreflex is a killer slr. I loved using it but every once in a while I forgot to advance the film after switching. It went with the collection and if it had not, it probably would still be my only 35mm slr system today.

I had the Dial 35 in both the Canon and Bell & Howell badges. An interesting camera but with the winder being so large it sort of defeated the compact body size. The winders on these were a weak point and I saw many that could not be wound.

Todat I still have a Konica AA-35 with the typical battery door issue. I can use it by taping the battery door shut. It is a very practical camera in that it is thin enough to actually be a shirt pocket camera. I had it put away and forgotten until only a short time ago when I happened across it. It is sitting out ready to be loaded and put back in service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Romary View Post
    I do not think somebody mentionned it, you have a social group for 1/2 frame : http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/ha...me-temple.html
    I did not know. I will have to figure out how to join it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I did not know. I will have to figure out how to join it.

Steve
    It took me about two minutes to figure that out.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Fujica Half 1.9 I have been tooling around with in one way or another. Its had a roll of 400tx in it forever. Teeny little thing but it's not too bad for an $8 Goodwill score.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two Bell & Howell Dial 35's, a Pen EE-2, A Konica Auto-Reflex, and a Mercury II (which is just slightly larger than half-frame). Half-frame is a lot of fun, but it takes me forever to finish a roll of film.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Tessina I haven't shot in years, got too expensive to get prints made as it's not exactly 1/2 frame. Now that I'm getting into developing I may get it out as I have the loader and numerous cassettes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin