Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,403   Online: 1015

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd never even heard of half-fram until I saw this thread! Those Olympus Pen models sounds incredible and definitely something I would want to play around with. Are they incredibly expensive or something that the average person (like me) can afford to get into?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They run a range, but pretty affordable. An ee can be had for 30.00 while an ft will run near 300.00. Deals can be found. Love half frame, been shooting them for years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmboycu View Post
    I'd never even heard of half-fram until I saw this thread! Those Olympus Pen models sounds incredible and definitely something I would want to play around with. Are they incredibly expensive or something that the average person (like me) can afford to get into?
    From Craigslist Vancouver - a Pen EE for $29: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pm...621356570.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another Oly Pen S user here too! Neat little camera.
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yet another half frame shooter chiming in. I have a Pen EE for the portrait-oriented half frame shots and a Yashica Samurai X4 for the landscape-oriented shots. I like them both, but honestly, the Pen gets the most use.

Apart from 35mm half frame, I also have a 120 half frame camera; my Bronica RF645 is actually a half frame 6x9 camera.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi kraker

i just sold my half frame 120 camera ..
    the "bencini koroll 120s" absolutely a blast to use ...
    sync'd shutter glass meniscus lens .. futuristic die cast aluminum design
    like a holga from venus ... still, only 24 frames though, i gotta have at least 72
    when i half frame
    Last edited by jnanian; 09-30-2011 at 07:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    the "bencini koroll 120s" absolutely a blast to use ...
    Wow, that's what I get in return for my feeble attempt at a joke.
    Interesting! I had never heard of half frame 120 before. GAS attack coming up!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gee, I never though of the 6.45 format as being hal frame 6x9. I've been shooting half frame 6x9 for some decades with my Bronica ETRS. I seem to learn something new every time I hit this site.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have had a number of half frame cameras over the years but the only two I have retained is a Konica AA35, which I bought new in the 1980's, and a Yashica Samurai half frame SLR, which I got second-hand. I rarely use them but must unearth them & give them another go. There are still labs in the UK who will print from half-frame and even a couple who will scan to CD.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Konica AA-35 is a nice little camera as it will easily slide into a shirt pocket. Autoexposure is good on it and built in flash. Amazing they got so much in such a think package. Only weak point is the battery door that tends to breakoff.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin