Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,655   Posts: 1,481,404   Online: 1068

Shooter
    Medium Format

A2 Amber vs A12 amber filter

Is the difference between these, the intensity of effect? thanks.

Would it warm up photos with daylight film?, for example animal photos to make them nicer.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Nikon A2 filters are used for modest warming of photos taken on daylight film in shade, on overcast days, or by north window light. It is the equivalent of a Kodak 81A. The A12 filter is much stronger, for correcting tungston film for use outdoors. It is the equivalent of a Kodak 85.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ive read that an 85B specifically is for correcting Tungsten film, not an 85?
    Anyway i have a Hoya 85 for the same reason - warming up daylight colour film. Its fit for that purpose; the effect is strong, but not so much that I dont mind leaving it on all the time. I just like that look, and I couldn't get it with 81a/b.
    However I also have an 85B for that I use for Tungsten film, and I probably would never use that with regular film.
    OM-2n, 50/1.8 (Black) | AE-1 Program, 50/1.8 (Silver)
    flickr.
    My other little piece of the Web.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin