Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,138   Online: 857

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an Exa Ia with a Carl Zeiss Jenna 25mm f/4 and a CZJ 120mm f/2.8
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Jupiter 9.
    I've heard that was a fantastic little piece of glass.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You'd have to pay $500-1K for these lenses, but they'd be worth it:

Contax 85mm Planar f1.4 - I'd have to dig around in my archives at home to see if/where I put the images I shot with this on my 5D (some of which showed my ex, which is why I might not still have them).

Contax 35mm Distagon F1.4 - It's a big honkin' lens, with an equal price tag, but it is truly legendary. Well worth the cash.

Contax 28mm Distagon F2 - 'nuff said.

Another lens maybe not quite so pricey as the first few, but still not cheap would be the Contax 25mm Distagon F2.8.

More important even than what lens you put in front of the camera is the mount adapter you use to put them on it. Don't stint and think you can get away with a cheap (~$100) adapter. I had one and it damn near got stuck permanently on my camera and/or the lens! I did get it off the camera body but almost broke something on the focusing screen retaining clip in the process. Spend the money for a good adapter before you go glass hunting.
    Last edited by TheFlyingCamera; 10-05-2011 at 11:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

X. Phot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    From what I've heard, EOS bodies *don't* meter accurately with adapted lenses...
    Not necessarily true IMO. I only use M42 primes with my EOS 630's. Primarily the 50mm 1.4 SMC Takumar, followed by a 135mm 2.5 SMC Takumar, plus a 200mm 3.5 prime and a 28mm prime. Just set the mode to Aperture Priority and adjust the camera aperture value to 1.0. That's it. Whenever you adjust the lens aperture, the camera exposure follows. I am very pleased with the exposures made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While not M42, you could check out Canon FD system.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Jeff- IIRC the Canon FD lenses can't be adapted to the EOS bodies because the Flange-to-Film-Plane distance is less than that of the EOS bodies, which would automatically turn every FD lens into a macro lens or at least eliminate infinity focus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry I forgot about that!

Jeff

X. Phot.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Jeff- IIRC the Canon FD lenses can't be adapted to the EOS bodies because the Flange-to-Film-Plane distance is less than that of the EOS bodies, which would automatically turn every FD lens into a macro lens or at least eliminate infinity focus.
    That's a very important point. The adapters I use with my 630's retain infinity for all the lenses. It took a bit a searching to find a supplier for such an adapter. And even then, I had to modify the adapters "ever-so-slightly" so they would function properly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Helios 44-7 is a nice one too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe I'm missing something but I thought one advantage of the EOS system over Nikon was the Canon lenses?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin