Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,936   Online: 1200

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

Video: The Nikon F Story

Nice NHK World video worth a look:

http://invisiblephotographer.asia/20...nikon-f-story/

Like the host site, too.

Shooter
    35mm
    I LOVE my Nikon FE2. Amen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Now I know why I find the original F so amazing. Great videos, make sure you see both parts and there are other videos as well. Thanks for the link.....I will explore that sight more in the future.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Good morning, CGW;

Thank you for bringing this video presentation to our attention.

There are a couple of comments: There does seem to be one minor error in the video where they mention that the Nikon F Camera was first presented in June of 1959. That may be a bit late. The first presentation of the Nikon F that I seem to recall was at Photokina in February of 1959.

While the design and manufacturing of the camera obviously are rightfully proud elements of Nippon Kogaku K. K. (Nikon), a healthy portion of the credit for the acceptance of the camera here in the United States should be given to EPOI, Ehrenreich Photo-Optical Industries, for their innovative marketing of the Nikon F at the time of the turn of the decade from the 1950s into the 1960s. While this may need to be confirmed, one of their efforts may have included presenting to most of the major photojournalists of the 1960 time period with a Nikon F and some lenses for their use in their work in exchange for "their evaluation." When these photographers saw what the camera could do, not only did they buy more bodies and lenses and other accessories for themselves, they also became one of the loudest voices promoting the Nikon F camera system. This turned out to be a masterful marketing coup for EPOI and was rewarded back to them many times over with the profits they made.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin