Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,365   Online: 1085

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    It's hard to say with never having owned many of the Nikon's, but I was very surprised by the quietness of my N80 when I got it. I would say my M3 has it by a small margin.
    I don't know about the M6 but yes, the F80/N80 is one of the quietest slr i've used. More, the camera ist'n much bigger or heavier than a M6 :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    Actually now that you mention it, My Nikon F is the quietest of my nikons.
    In fact it is completely silent.

It sits on the shelf all day without making a noise.
    Really? My F, F2AS (the first one I purchased in 1979) and my first F3 (purchased in the spring of 1981) are equally silent - blindfolded, I do not believe I could tell them apart. All three bodies were permanently retired at the end of December 2010. Each body - having only ever only been used to shoot Kodachrome - was retired, never to be debased with a lesser color transparency film. The cameras, with their respective backs displaying the tab ends from their last rolls of film (PKM, PKR, KR (1563), sit silent as part of my Kodachrome Shrine...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Really? My F, F2AS (the first one I purchased in 1979) and my first F3 (purchased in the spring of 1981) are equally silent - blindfolded, I do not believe I could tell them apart. All three bodies were permanently retired at the end of December 2010. Each body - having only ever only been used to shoot Kodachrome - was retired, never to be debased with a lesser color transparency film. The cameras, with their respective backs displaying the tab ends from their last rolls of film (PKM, PKR, KR (1563), sit silent as part of my Kodachrome Shrine...
    hmmm, interesting. Wonder what Freud would say, maybe "sometimes a camera is just a camera"

In a 100 years the collection will be worth about as much as it is today.Which to be honest is not much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    hmmm, interesting. Wonder what Freud would say, maybe "sometimes a camera is just a camera"

In a 100 years the collection will be worth about as much as it is today.Which to be honest is not much.
    How do you attach a numerical value to sentiment?

Shooter
    35mm
    Shrine? I don't know if you're kidding here or not, and I'm not here to judge anybody, but I could imagine that for every Kodak engineer who might read this and think ' Good gosh it was just a film, move on already' there's another Kodak engineer who stands a little taller. And maybe even a few who think 'damn straight'.

s-a

Quiet would be a leaf shutter rangefinder. Next comes a M series film leica.

My F2 sounds like a canon going off. Nikormat is pretty noisy. FE2 still is not anywhere near quiet.

Shooter
    35mm
    How do you attach a numerical value to sentiment?
    Insurance companies do it everyday.If you want to deny yourself the pleasure of using good film cameras thats your prerogative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    Insurance companies do it everyday.If you want to deny yourself the pleasure of using good film cameras thats your prerogative.
    No argument on these Nikons being great cameras. However, given that I continue to shoot 35mm with 2-F2 (DE-1 finders) bodies, 2-F2AS bodies, an F2A, an F3 and an F3HP (the F2s all equipped with the MD2/MB1 drives; the F3 with the MD4 drives) as well as a pair of M6s, the notion of "deprivation" does not really enter into it!
    Perhaps referring to my collection of Kodachrome memorabilia was misleading; I just thought it kind of cool to set aside the bodies I had used on my final Kodachrome shoot on Christmas Day, 2010. I have, of course, moved on. But Kodachrome will always have a special place in my heart; I started shooting the film when I was nine years old with my first camera, a cheap-ass 126 format creation. It remained, until last year, the only 35mm color film I have ever shot. While I have moved on to E100G and E100VS, in both 35mm and 21/4, something in my mind is missing. Perhaps it is the realization that the images I create now come with a "best-before" date. Perhaps it is the quality of the color itself. Nonetheless, a certain resonance, if you will, has been lost. Shooting Kodachrome and then switching to Ektachrome is sort of like being forced to give up my Beemer or my Honda and being told to satisfied with driving a Ford...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The quietest camera I have is the one is not working, other than that I ain't going to worry about it!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    No argument on these Nikons being great cameras. However, given that I continue to shoot 35mm with 2-F2 (DE-1 finders) bodies, 2-F2AS bodies, an F2A, an F3 and an F3HP (the F2s all equipped with the MD2/MB1 drives; the F3 with the MD4 drives) as well as a pair of M6s, the notion of "deprivation" does not really enter into it!
    Perhaps referring to my collection of Kodachrome memorabilia was misleading; I just thought it kind of cool to set aside the bodies I had used on my final Kodachrome shoot on Christmas Day, 2010. I have, of course, moved on. But Kodachrome will always have a special place in my heart; I started shooting the film when I was nine years old with my first camera, a cheap-ass 126 format creation. It remained, until last year, the only 35mm color film I have ever shot. While I have moved on to E100G and E100VS, in both 35mm and 21/4, something in my mind is missing. Perhaps it is the realization that the images I create now come with a "best-before" date. Perhaps it is the quality of the color itself. Nonetheless, a certain resonance, if you will, has been lost. Shooting Kodachrome and then switching to Ektachrome is sort of like being forced to give up my Beemer or my Honda and being told to satisfied with driving a Ford...
    You didn't mention you had other cameras to use. BTW I'll take my SVT over a bulgarian meat wagon any day of the week.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin