Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,005   Online: 762

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Compared to the R6, the Leicaflex SL & SL2 are better cameras IMHO.

Pros & cons are:

Pros:
    Much better viewfinder & focusing
    Better dampened shutter & mirror
    Much shorter shutter lag
    1/2000
    Shutter speed dial can be moved with the tip of your index finger
    Bigger & heavier = better holding & handling (also a con of course)
    Pretty bomb proof - needs a CLA every few decades

Cons:
    If you want a motor drive, then you need a special model and the motor itself is *huge*
    Some lenses won't fit on the SL (and ROM lenses not on either - slightly simplified statement here).
    Some argue that as an older camera, it's less reliable (I disagree!)
    Some think that the "obsolete battery problem" really is a problem (I disagree!)
    It's big and heavy
    The SL, especially in chrome, has the aesthetics of a 1960's washing machine...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I looked at an early Leicaflex at a camera fair in France several years ago, and am still trying to figure out the "aerial image" that it presents to the user. Different from a "normal" ground glass image - and brighter.

Thanks for your collected thoughts on the R6 shutter lag. I think it would bother me, the feeling that the camera doesn't react immediately when I press the shutter. My Leica RF cameras have spoiled me.

Shooter
    35mm
    I can't feel the lag in all of the SLR's I have used. So if I can feel the lag in any I would think there is a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The first Leicaflex has the "aerial image" you describe, the SL & SL2 are quite different.

The SL has very fine microprisms over the entire surface (a bit similar to a Nikon H screen), which makes focusing extremely easy anywhere in the field, even the corners.
    The SL2 has a more "traditional" looking focusing screen, but still one of the very best I've ever seen for brightness, contrast and the image snapping into focus.
    I do slightly prefer the SL's screen, but the SL2 can use some of my favorite lenses which the SL can't (19mm II, 15mm).
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin