Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,532   Online: 1169

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Is this trade worthwhile

I have and am considering trading:

Nikon series e 70-210mm
    Nikon fg that needs the focusing screen replaced

For a

Working gossen scout 2
    Soligor 85-205 f/3.8
    Vivitar 90-230 f/4.5
    Vivitar 75-205 f/3.8
    Working praktica tl

Who is getting the upper hand?

I want these lenses mainly to use on my 60d(which I am getting in a month to make films)

Thanks,
    Bryce

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    In my opinion , its a bad deal , you can buy vivitar , soligor everytime , everywhere very cheap. I think their quality might be faraway lower than Nikon. Why you need 3 low quality , similar lens and a east german praktica ? It nuts , service the fg and be happy.
    Its like giving a ferrari and buying 3 same model , same color Fiat plus a Truant. Dont do it.

Good luck ,

Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah I know what you mean. The only lens I really want is the 75 to 205

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You can buy a cheap zoom for your digital camera from APUG members. Digiral is bad and with a cheap bad zoom , it would be worse. Collect money and buy a newer autofocus electronic zoom from keh.com second hand and look at the adorama. When your electronic camera burned down , you stay without nothing. To own a Nikon FG and a Nikon Zoom is good luck , dont ruin it.
    May be you can use a adapter and use your 70-210 with your digital also. Open a thread about it and get the answer. Adapters goes from so so 50 dollars.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    I am in no way going to digital photography. Haha. It's to make 1080p quality videos with. I already have an f4 so an fg doesn't hold much use. I just got a takumar 50mm 1.4 a mamiya sekor 35mm 2.8 and a takumar 135mm 3.5 and a spotmatic for 60 bucks. I just likeed what I saw when I watched some clips filmed with the 75 to 205 so I became interested. I took your advice and told the guy never mind though. I'm probky gonna save a few hundred bucks and get a nice m42 mount zoom. With a fotodiox adapter, you get some incredible image quality out of a lot of m42 stuff on canon dslrs. Before you hate on digi though, keep in mind it is to make 1080p short films and action clips with .

Edit: my fg isn't even functional haha, I'm nit worried about being stuck with nothing if the 60d I am getting has problems. I have several film cameras. And eh I never use autofocus it makes no sense to seek autofocus rather than manual focus for me.
    Last edited by BryceEsquerre; 10-12-2011 at 12:15 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forgot to say this

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Its like giving a ferrari and buying 3 same model , same color Fiat plus a Truant. Dont do it.

I love language.

s-a

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I understand you very well. Cinema is a great point of canon dslrs. If you are willing to spend few hundreds , invest in LOMO Anamorphic Cinematography lenses. Russian lenses and their yellowish brownish hot tones are very matching with canon sensors. But the tones , grades and pure colors are faraway better than the canon lenses. There is a group at APUG on cinema making , there are many experienced apugers there. Do you follow vimeo , there are great shots with lomo anamorph . canon combo. And Leica R Zoom lenses are reachable. It would render like Pink Floyd Pompeii Live. I dont hate digi , cinema works but not photographs. And m42 zeiss lenses are great zeiss biogon or equivalent zenit helios 58 mm. You can use mid format hasselblad lenses also.

Best ,

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceEsquerre View Post
    I have and am considering trading:

Nikon series e 70-210mm
    Nikon fg that needs the focusing screen replaced

For a

Working gossen scout 2
    Soligor 85-205 f/3.8
    Vivitar 90-230 f/4.5
    Vivitar 75-205 f/3.8
    Working praktica tl

Who is getting the upper hand?

I want these lenses mainly to use on my 60d(which I am getting in a month to make films)

Thanks,
    Bryce
    A working FG is a sweet camera but their focus screens are not user swappable. The 70-210 is a slouch compared to the 75-150 E series zoom. Given your interests and what you'd get, I'd say go for it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I will definitely look into the apug group and lomo lenses. Do you have any insight on whether or not I got a good deal for the lenses + spotmatic? You are always so friendly and knowledgeable, like many members of this site. I appreciate you trying to help me out! What would you recommend for 400ish ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin