Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,881   Online: 1022

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, I calculated it for around 500 rolls of film getting 38 exposures or so.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Thanks for the replies, all.

The camera has gone off to Newton Ellis, as Carl recommended. I'll report back. In the meantime the baby isn't here yet so I've ordered a cheap FM which should arrive tomorrow. Then, I found out my car needs a new head gasket, £400 including labour. Urgh. Expensive month. Oh to still live in Sweden where I didn't need a car...
    Rotten luck, that being said I wish your wife, you and the baby good health as that is all that matters.

Those darn phone cameras sure do neat things now, so I hope you at least have that in your corner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    20,000 clicks is around 550 36exp rolls over 14 years or about 40 36exp rolls annually, right? If so, not crushingly heavy use for a 35mm camera.
    40 rolls in a month (for years) was what my old FM and N8008 used to handle... then the N90s and F100.... now sort of idle.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    Rotten luck, that being said I wish your wife, you and the baby good health as that is all that matters.
    Thanks very much, we're all doing well. I did manage to rattle off a few rolls of film in the replacement FM I bought but I haven't had a chance to develop them yet as I'm so busy running around. Loading four rolls into a dev tank the other day was a major achievement! Things must be getting better though as I can now read my newspaper on the same day I buy it.

Regarding the worn shutter, I did wonder if a loose part hadn't done the wearing rather than the (low) number of clicks.
    Steve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin