Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,120   Online: 901

Shooter
    35mm

Need help identifying some garage sale finds

There are a few items in my latest garage sale haul which I can't identify, other than that they definitely have something to do with photography. The bag of gear that these came from had a pretty random assortment of equipment and manuals, so I can't really put a "theme" on the bag. Thanks in advance for any insight! If you need any more detailed pics or info please ask.

I forgot to take pictures of the largest item, it is a Nikon F3HP with a pin registered back that says "DOUBLE M INDUSTRIES AUSTIN TEXAS USA" on it. Is there any value in keeping this thing together? Otherwise I was thinking about swapping the back out for a normal one so I could actually use the camera. If anyone is really curious about what it looks like I suppose I could go back and shoot it

The other items:

Big lens/aperture contraption:

The box says "Sakar Telephoto/Wide Angle lens for Nikon Auto Focus". Doesn't look like it goes on any auto focus as far as I can tell, these lenses are very small. Also have a ring in the center of the lens and what looks like some accessory lenses that come with them:

Small lens with working aperture, says "WILL.Wetzlar Germany WILONAR 1:4,5/75 L" on the face of the lens.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The Nikon back is probably a pin registering device which cost mucho dollars back in the day: you could precisely place items and masks to make overlays. Usually in conjunction with pin register slide holders and high end A-V projectors. The polaroid lens is probably from an MP4 copy camera and sometimes prized by view camera buffs or Polaroid buffs. Anything marketed by SAKAR is a piece of crap. The small lens is an enlarging lens and probably worth $10. Use the camera as is. Well done at the yard sale
    David

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the great info, I'll see if any photo buffs around here want the enlarging lens or the Sakar stuff (ha). The polaroid lens has a shutter built into it which I just discovered you can only activate with a cable release...which I think is pretty cool.

If the value of the pin back is lost by changing it out, I'll probably end up selling it to someone who wants a pin backed camera. You can actually still use the viewfinder, but as you can see it does not make for comfortable picture taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.cameraquest.com/NF3Pin.htm

Thats a sweet find you got there!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The "Sakar Telephoto/Wide Angle lens for Nikon Auto Focus" is for the Nikon L35AF. The Wetzlar lenses may be cine lenses? The Tominon lens may be from a Poloroid Pathfinder press camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Polaroid lens is either MP3 or MP4. I have an MP-3 with that lens. It is self cocking as you go to trigger it. There is a second port where a cable release with a long plunger can go in, that allows the lens aperure blades to withdraw and shutter to open to allow more light in and help you focus on the material you are working on copying.

The slow speds do get gummy with time in my experience with this lens.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Wilonar looks like an enlarging lens to me. If the thread diameter is 39mm then it's all but confirmed it's an enlarger lens. Sorry to say you probably didn't get rich with this Garage Sale haul but you probably did pretty well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for your comments everyone, I think the Wilonar is definitely an enlarging lens since it is 39mm as well. I am actually kind of bummed about the F3 since it is in excellent condition and I wanted to use it, hopefully I will be able to sell it and pick up a normal F3 with the proceeds. I did learn a lot though, and as they say knowledge is priceless

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin