Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,051   Online: 1103

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Autofocus Nikon F2 on ebay

While window shopping on ebay I came across this amusing description of the Nikon F2. It has dynamic auto focus, 24 built in custom settings, it takes only 8 AA batteries and delivers brilliant image identification. WOW! I want one!

Product Information
    With a die cast body, the F2 Body Only assures you a strong body construction. This Nikon 35mm camera comes with a Nikon exclusive dynamic auto focus which enables you to highlight the subject of your image with ease. The Nikon Exclusive 1,005-pixel RGB 3D Color Matrix Meter makes this Nikon film camera deliver brilliant image identification. Featured with a 24 built-in custom settings, the F2 Body Only lets you shoot an image with great variety. The vibration-minimizing mechanisms of this Nikon 35mm camera give you a distortion-free performance. This Nikon film camera boasts a 1/8000-sec shutter speed which ensures that you receive a high-speed output. Requiring just about 8 AA batteries, the F2 Body Only delivers an efficient performance during those professional shoot sessions.
    Last edited by Geodesiq; 10-17-2011 at 02:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when
    they do it from religious conviction." -- Blaise Pascal

Shooter
    35mm
    You gonna jump on it? Probably pretty valuable. Needless to say, ahead of it's time.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Does it have a USB connector?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    I thought I would do the seller involved a favor and let them know, especially since it is a vintage camera seller who has the current listing. This is the reply I got within just a few minutes of notifying them.

"Dear lab16,

I understand.
    Propblem is that item specifics are provided by ebay. It is not from my item description. And by new ebay rules I can;t list item on ebay unless I use item specifics.
    So that is where this error coms from,
    Rokas"

Appears that once again eBay is making ridiculous rules.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
    I thought I would do the seller involved a favor and let them know, especially since it is a vintage camera seller who has the current listing. This is the reply I got within just a few minutes of notifying them.

"Dear lab16,

I understand.
    Propblem is that item specifics are provided by ebay. It is not from my item description. And by new ebay rules I can;t list item on ebay unless I use item specifics.
    So that is where this error coms from,
    Rokas"

Recognize the name and see that guy's stuff often. I'm guessing he's also in the underwater salvage/shipwreck recovery business judging from the look of the stuff he often auctions off. Creepy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
    Yeah, now when you list in the photo section you have to choose an item out of the catalog that matches what you're selling. Unfortunately the catalog isn't anywhere close to being complete. It is supposed to help the buyers find what they are looking for, but due to there being so many variations of similar camera gear it is just plain confusing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Recognize the name and see that guy's stuff often. I'm guessing he's also in the underwater salvage/shipwreck recovery business judging from the look of the stuff he often auctions off. Creepy.

Yeah, high prices for rough-looking gear usually. Never bought from him, but he is prolific so he must get buyers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can bypass the canned description when you list an item. Most of them are laughably inaccurate. It's obvious the writer has no clue. Sounds like they're outsourcing the writing to some third world hell hole to save a few cents. But if it had an SD card slot I'd get it; CF is just too outdated.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when
    they do it from religious conviction." -- Blaise Pascal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    JAJAJAJA!
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin