Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,272   Online: 803

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Canon FD lenses were on a par with Nikon, Pentax, Olympus & Minolta lenses, they re only cheap now, they were not when they were manufactured.

Otheres have stated why their incompatability with modern Canons means there's a smaller demand for them. So as Ben says he can buy great lenses at bargain prices now

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Buy a Canon FD body and take advantage of them, they are great optics that are in many cases the exact same optical design as the current EF auto focus lenses without the A/F chip at a fraction of the price.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shhh! You all are letting the cat out of the bag.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by msbarnes View Post
    I checked Keh.com, and they seem to be consistently lower-priced than its competitors.
    They are all trash.

I'm running a free disposal program. Just send them to me and I will handle them from there. Don't worry about them.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Those f/1.4s and f/1.8s are really weak. Total garbage... You can sell about 10 for a cup of coffee... I'll take 'em off your hands if you don't want to clutter up your garbage can with them.....

No, I'm totally serious....

I'd be doing you a favor! Anything for an APUGer, right?

(*furtive glances*)
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I won't be surprised however if the micro-4/3rds format conincides with a leveling off of the price discrepancy between Canon FD lenses and say, older Nikons.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wouldn't be surprised if Canon enters the 4/3rds market with an adaptation of the G11 or something and allows an FD mount. Everyone else is doing it and Canon has never been shy about waiting for the market to emerge and then dominate late in the game.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's some very good third-party FD glass as well as Canon's own lenses. It takes some decoding to figure out who made what---is that Vivitar lens made by Kiron or Cosina or Bob's Sandwich Shop And Lens Grinder?---but the good ones can be very, very good and practically free. I paid $9.99 on eBay for a Kiron 80-200 that's one of the sharpest SLR lenses I own.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even though the Canon FD lenses are inexpensive still good glass.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Same reason I'm unloading most of my Canon lenses, you're stuck with FD cameras. With say, M42, you can adapt that same set of lenses to all kinds of camera bodies.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin