Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,773   Online: 1208

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nothing wrong with only having a 50mm lens Morten... I have a Praktica with six lenses and an OM 10 with only one. I like to use the OM10 because it encourages me to think more carefully about each shot.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    I have a GREAT OM1 laying around with a motor winder and a 50 mm f/1.8, sadly I never use it as I only have this one lens...
    My last Olympus outfit before I switched to Nikon was the OM1 and OM2n
    a 28mm f/2,8; 50mm f/1,8; 135mm f/3,5 and a 300mm f/4,5. One body and the first three lenses made a very light and compact traveloutfit. The only thing missing on the OM1 was a true multiexposure button.
    Use it and consider one lens only a challenge.
    Regards Søren

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Nothing wrong with only having a 50mm lens Morten... I have a Praktica with six lenses and an OM 10 with only one. I like to use the OM10 because it encourages me to think more carefully about each shot.
    I know. But I have a 50 mm for my Canon EOS as well and the meter in the Canon is SO precise. So I rarely take it out...I may put it up for sale on APUG soon....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    I know. But I have a 50 mm for my Canon EOS as well and the meter in the Canon is SO precise. So I rarely take it out...I may put it up for sale on APUG soon....
    Is this slide over- or underexposed, OM1 with 135mm, 25mm extensionring on, I think, fuji provia 100.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails traeogblomst359530.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicely exposed Soeren!
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren
    Is this slide over- or underexposed, OM1 with 135mm, 25mm extensionring on, I think, fuji provia 100.
    I like it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks both
    Søren

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have (2) F4s, (2) FM2N, and an F3T. I love them all for their qualities and durability. I will say that there is no best camera since there is only a best camera for a particular situation. For all around greatest 35mm though you can't beat the FM2N. It is built to take a beating, is mechanically very sound, and with the older fantastic Nikon optics, is an unbeatable combination. The only feature it has is me. I decide what it should do. If I make a good picture, it's because of what I saw and did, same for when I make a bad picture. The camera is only a tool in the process with zero participation of its own.
    In trickier situations the F4 or F3 might have a few needed extras to produce the right elements you are looking for.
    I have only had one Leica, the IIIf. It was a work of art but a very inconvenient camera for my lack of rangefinder knowledge.
    I also own Hasselblad equipment and no matter what other cameras can do, the Hasselblad never disappoints.
    For digital - of course - I use Canon.

If I was to comment on the F3 for quality, it is an awesome camera to use and to hold. The flash features are not its strong point but with the right gear, flash is not an issue. It is a great available light camera though and packed with features for adjusting exposure. I'll never sell mine.

Lou

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lkorell
    If I was to comment on the F3 for quality, it is an awesome camera to use and to hold.
    I had an early model F3. It was a nightmare - I replaced the circuit board 3 times in the first 10 or so years. It hasn't worked for the last 6 years, so it has now become a paperweight.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I had an early model F3. It was a nightmare - I replaced the circuit board 3 times in the first 10 or so years. It hasn't worked for the last 6 years, so it has now become a paperweight.
    After reading Roteague's reply I've decided to sell my F3.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin