Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,475   Posts: 1,542,619   Online: 1005

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've had an F3 since 1981. The only thing I've done (last year) is to replace the felt. It keeps on ticking....

Not sure it's the best every...I do love my M6's though...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jon furer
    I've had an F3 since 1981. The only thing I've done (last year) is to replace the felt. It keeps on ticking....
    I think mine was a early model, I got it in 1979 or 1980. I've read that there were losts of problems with the early ones. Too bad, I really liked camera, the feel was great, it wasn't too loud.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine is an F3T and is an excellent camera to use. I have often thought of it as a favorite because it is easy to work with, has lots of features, is very sturdy, and I've never been disappointed with the images I have been able to get with it.
    It's too bad there have been some people who had problems, but with any piece of equipment there are bound to be a few bad ones out there.
    Mine has been perfect. I'd never sell it. It seems to appreciate in value with time, even with all of the digital gear out there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I ever wear out my f and f36, I'll give one a try. Someone told me the backs are on hinges now???

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well Nikon is OK, but give me a Pentax MX any day of the week. Smaller all metal 5 led meter readout full range of lenses motor drive capability all in all a pro camera the is alot smaller and lighter then the F series Nikon. It is fully manual, but that is the way I like my cameras, I would also say that the Spotmatic is one of the best ever made, they were manufactured to a very high standered. THe fact that you can still find good working examples is a testament to there quality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never owned an F3. I had an F4, which I thought was the best looking camera I've seen. Now have an F5. However, I think the cameras I enjoyed using most were the Olympus OM series. I bought an OM2n back in 1981 and used it constantly 'til '96. Sold it on to a mate of mine for £150 quid, and he's still using it (AFAIK without it ever having been serviced). BLIGHTY.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    perhaphs you're in the market for an outfit? F3HP W/ 28mm 2.8 & 105mm 2.5 plus other goodies.?????

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have very good reason to consider the F3 one of the worlds best 35mm cameras. I bought two in the early seventies, both have performed faultlessly over the years.
    Although I have medium and large format cameras as well, the F3s will continue to earn their keep and be retained - whatever.
    'Determine on some course more than a wild exposure to each chance' The Bard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the Canon New F1 is a superior purchase - it has the true spot meter capability, I have never heard any reliability complaints and you can definitely not go wrong with the FD lenses, especially the L's (which I can't afford). The only things that are AWESOME about the F3 is 100% viewfinder - big and bright, just a dream, and the film advance lever that feelslike it was contracted out to Rolex - its that solid and smooth.

On the down side, the New F1 has no MLU... but I think I know why the F3 does: every Nikon I have ever played with has mirror slap on par with the recoil of 300 Winchester Magnum...

Still, if I had the money, I'd buy one - simply because every time I hold one, I look through that big, bright viewfinder, I want to take a picture - and that to me is the most important thing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Ara Ghajanian]I just thought I'd get everyone's attention by making a preposterous statement. What are people's thoughts on the F3? Who has one? Any website that you know of that are dedicated to the F3? State you cas personality

If I had to bet my life on coming home with pictures I would use a Nikon F or F2
    the F3 is too battery dependant, and has too many electronics in it to have the reliability I need. I know some F3s have been reliable over a long period, But this was not the norm they were by no means the most dependable of the companys models, I used to work selling the F3 new in a shop, and a much too high percentage of them came back for repair under warranty especialy for a professional S.L.R

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin