Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,362   Online: 1194

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear camera users,
    Actually, it dous not mather what brand one uses, as long you can work with it and the pictures are good.
    A camera is a tool no more no less. So pick the right one for each job, it might be allways the same one, but be shure it fits in your hands, mind and way of thinking. And if the camera lets you down, you got the wrong one.
    That's why an 'system camera' is usefull, one can compose the combenation neded.

Philippe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by josephaustin
    Well Nikon is OK, but give me a Pentax MX any day of the week. Smaller all metal 5 led meter readout full range of lenses motor drive capability all in all a pro camera the is alot smaller and lighter then the F series Nikon. It is fully manual, but that is the way I like my cameras, I would also say that the Spotmatic is one of the best ever made, they were manufactured to a very high standered. THe fact that you can still find good working examples is a testament to there quality.
    Also Dont forget the Pentax LX which was one of the more underated camera's of the early-mid 1980's

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi there,

The Nikon is alright for a bit of target practice, or if you want to weight a digital diva to the bottom of the ocean with, but honestly, as far as 35mm goes, I bought a new Canon EOS 1VHS four years ago, have just loaded film no. 397 into it (all 36) and have never had a problem, (not with the camera anyway!). I have used it in extreme heat, cold, humidity etc-no problems. It has even been used as a back up for press work when my d*****l failed me, (sorry for swearing there, hope there aren't any young folks reading this).

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll put my vote on the Pentax MX also. The LX is just great, but larger, heavier, and a hellofalot more expensive.

Both of my MX's have always worked like charms. :-)
    Rain and freezing -30C weather, still nothing.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think that this is an example of how good marketing strategies work well. I've bought a Minolta Maxxum/Dynax 7 6 months ago, and must say, it is far superior to the Nikon N/F80. I've had a chance to take a F80 of a friend of mine for a spin, and to what features and ergonomics are concerned, it is far superior. Minolta doesn´t have a great marketing strategy for its products. I had a Pentax MZ-50 (trying to sell it) (I believe it's ZX-50 in the USA), and also think it was a great beginners camera, that gave me no problems in the 9 years I shot with it, other than breaking the spring that pops up the built-in flash. Bottom line is, I think we sometimes buy only what is more available/advertised, without really looking for the contenders. But the bottom-bottom line is, go shoot some pictures.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Me, I have the F4, which I think is the best brick around, sturdy, hard working, and matrix metering with AI lenses...
    AF when I want, classic lenses when I don't...

And with a 50 f1.8, and the 4 battery pack, it's almost small !

I pretty much like the F3 as well, but having never used one, I can't say it's the best camera ever... It seems to be one hell of a workhorse, though...

PJ
    Patrick Jan Van Hove
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera"
    Mamut Photo, The Ultra-Large-Format photography homepage

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just bought an F5 a couple of weeks ago, to replace my N80. It's a great camera, but I think the N80 locks focus easier. I haven't had any of the film processed that I shot with it yet.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Why are you guys buying camera bodies? You buy a lens. The body is an afterthought....
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kennedy
    Why are you guys buying camera bodies? You buy a lens. The body is an afterthought....
    Well, I just bought a Schneider SuperSymar XL 80mm F4.5 lens a couple of weeks ago - but it won't fit on my Nikon.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eatfrog
    I'll put my vote on the Pentax MX also. The LX is just great, but larger, heavier, and a hellofalot more expensive.

Both of my MX's have always worked like charms. :-)
    Rain and freezing -30C weather, still nothing.
    As I own both an MX and an LX I can say that both have their charms and strengths. When a friend from work and I went out in to the Australian Dessert his then new MZ50 got dust inside the cammera and caused a bit of dammage to the film and I suspect other parts as well but the MX/LX performed brilliantly in 43C temps. In the MZ50 I suspect that the dust sealing is not as good as what the MX/LX is. And of course the RB was/is unstopable.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin