Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,227   Online: 779

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eatfrog
    I'll put my vote on the Pentax MX also. The LX is just great, but larger, heavier, and a hellofalot more expensive.

Both of my MX's have always worked like charms. :-)
    Rain and freezing -30C weather, still nothing.
    As I own both an MX and an LX I can say that both have their charms and strengths. When a friend from work and I went out in to the Australian Dessert his then new MZ50 got dust inside the cammera and caused a bit of dammage to the film and I suspect other parts as well but the MX/LX performed brilliantly in 43C temps. In the MZ50 I suspect that the dust sealing is not as good as what the MX/LX is. And of course the RB was/is unstopable. With all that said for a Pentax 35 to really deliver one must use either SMC K,M or A series primes,

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Ghajanian
    I just thought I'd get everyone's attention by making a preposterous statement. What are people's thoughts on the F3? Who has one? Any website that you know of that are dedicated to the F3? State you case.
    I had an F3 back when they were popular in the 80's. I owned the first series model, before the HP. I never liked it. I could not figure out why Nikon didn't put a hotshoe on it (yes, I know, Nikon did put a "standard" hot shoe on their F3 press model, or F3P but it was next to impossible for the average Joe to get his hands on it). Also, I had trouble with the film advance mechanism. It was unusable after about 2 years, so I ended up giving it away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At one time, I owned and used the F2 and the F3. Both are great cameras. However, I decided to sell the F3 and stick with the F2 for the following reasons:

1. I owned a large number of F2 accessories that were not compatible with the F3 and I refused to buy a second set of accessories just for the F3.

2. The F2 could function in remote locations for extended periods of time without the worry of dead batteries.

3. When it came to reliability, I had more confidence in the manual/mechanical F2 vs. the automatic/electronic battery-dependent F3.

In my opinion, the best 35mm SLR that Nikon ever made was the Titanium F2 with the standard viewfinder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are lots of "35mm best camera's" according to the specs one needs for his or her style of photography, 35mm bodies are cheap and generally easy to replace, not a big issue....

I look for the best 35mm glass, according to my specs, and try to fit a good body to that. Personally I find CZ lenses the optimum in affordable 35mm lenses for my needs, a good camera with that would be an RTS II or III but, but the RTS is to bulky for me, I like to take my camera everywhere, and owning an RTS II I find this to heavy. Leica would be a good substitute, great lenses, relative light bodies but the thing that bug me is the 1/1000 speed and the shutter quality, this not thinking about the ridiculous price of both bodies and lenses. Having taken all this into account I have found my best 35mm body being a FM3a, it fits a series of great lenses isn't battery dependable, doesn't take changeable prisma, but I don't need that, not do I need mirror lockup functions. So the FM3a is my personal best 35mm camera, but not neccesarily the best 35mm .... but as said more than good enough for me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have owned and used the F, F2, F3P (or J) FA and FG. I really liked the way the F3 handled, but the F and F2 were, and are, rugged, reliable, neither the F or F2 ever gave me a problem or missed a shot. The F3 slow flash sync was a problem. The FG was underrated, with a motor drive, not the winder, it was a very fast and easy camera to use, but if the chip goes out good luck getting it repaired while a F or F2 or for that matter a Nikkormat will last for many years to come. When my F3 was stolden from my check baggage right after 9/11 I dither for several years then bought (on impulse) a Sigma SA 7 then a SA 9, for what little 35mm I do these days both are just fine. But after handling a F6, if I win the lottery its on my shopping list.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin