Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,165   Online: 814

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post

Finally, to Olympus with holy trinity glasses 35, 85 and 135mm zuikos.

Additionally, a boring 50mm zuiko.
    The 135 Zuiko is not part of the "holy trinity", it's the 100/2.8 silver nose. The absolute best for portraits with miniature format.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was a long internal battle between the choices, 85mm or 100mm. Finally 85mm has won after burning a hole in the pocket.

Nevertheless it is just 3 degree difference between 85mm and 100mm in terms of field-of-view, but 100mm is on less expensive side.

Other day, 135mm f/2.8 zuiko was offered for euro 40 in e-bay and cannot afford to deny it.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Agfa Isolette III: Amazingly simple, yet it produces outstanding negatives.
    Holga 120GFN: EV 11 or EV 12.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm surprised no-one's really spoken up for Pentax. Their Super Takumar and Limited series lenses are very fine indeed and some of the K, M and A series are not far behind. There are still 50mm f1.2 examples around and the 50mm M f1.4 is abundant and cheap. Any Pentax lens of any era will fit any K mount body, up to and including all digital models (with an adapter for the screw mounts, readily available, and of course you won't get full functionality from a digital era lens on a film body). Pro level bodies such as the MX can be had for under $100. True, there isn't much of a range above 300mm, but if that's not a requirement you might find a decent Pentax kit will leave you some change out of your $400.
    Another to consider, if you don't need a squillion lenses, is the Topcon RE2. I had one for 20-odd years and it never skipped a beat. The lenses were peerless, the body indestructible. I wish I hadn't sold it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin