Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,522   Posts: 1,572,254   Online: 744

Shooter
    35mm RF

DIY Waist level finder help

Any idea where I can find that a 'weird thing' (in the drawing) or something similar to glue a pentaprism on to?

Cheers ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks like you could glue a bracket to an accessory shoe cover..since you're gluing stuff anyways

Shooter
    Multi Format
    small sized waist level finders are useless in my opinion. I have a compact with one, the Canon Sureshot Ace. Its a very neat a cool gimmick but doesnt have much of any use, unless your a fan of shooting lying on the floor, or holding your camera upside down in the air.

You may be able to rip one of those out from these compacts for your use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most cheap old folder cameras have a "thing" you look down into for composing....
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All you really need is a mirror set at 45deg. angle. I don't think it even needs to be a first surface mirror, but perhaps that would be better. But then I suppose you want the image corrected(I'm so used to TLR's and view cams). Find a dead SLR and rip the pentaprism from the finder, use 100% silicone caulk to glue it in place. Just a few small dabs will suffice.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yoricko,

Your weird thing seems to be just a bracket to glue to.

You just want to be able to slide the bracket into the hot/cold shoe and have it hold the penta prism, right?

Any old hot shoe type flash unit should have that part. It will probably be bent differently though, having the upright to the rear rather than left.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin