Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,146   Online: 840

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm not a Canon lover but would like a T-90; it could make me pony up for a minimalist system. Not a lover of plastic all electronic cameras but the T-90 is a nice user.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    Much maligned, much disdained, not even made by Canon.
    The T70 was made by Canon, it was the T60 they got from Cosina.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    I'm not a Canon lover but would like a T-90; it could make me pony up for a minimalist system. Not a lover of plastic all electronic cameras but the T-90 is a nice user.
    It is a great camera, well worth it's weight in gold!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    T90 was referred to as "The Tank" . Get 1 with the Canon 70-150mm f/4.5 FD lens and then you could pound nails with it...
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 10-29-2011 at 12:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    T90 was referred to as "The Tank" . Get 1 with the Canon 70-150mm f/4.5 FD lens and then you could pound nails with it...
    Agreed !

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the T-90, which is why I got the T70. The T-90 suffers from a faulty magnet design which can not be fixed permanently. I know, mine didn't have the problem when I bought it newly CLA'd from a reputable repair guy. Three years later it's locking up with the dreaded EEE error. According to the technician even brand new off-the-shelf T-90's would develop this problem in about that time.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    I have the T-90, which is why I got the T70. The T-90 suffers from a faulty magnet design which can not be fixed permanently. I know, mine didn't have the problem when I bought it newly CLA'd from a reputable repair guy. Three years later it's locking up with the dreaded EEE error. According to the technician even brand new off-the-shelf T-90's would develop this problem in about that time.
    Well if you paid say £100 for it and had it for 3 years, it has cost you 66p a week to use.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur2 View Post
    Well if you paid say £100 for it and had it for 3 years, it has cost you 66p a week to use.
    And what's the cost of a missed photo? The lockup manifests itself as a missed shot. You go to take it, the shutter fires (but NOT the flash) and you have a missed shot.

I'll take reliable cameras for a hundred, Alex...
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    And what's the cost of a missed photo? The lockup manifests itself as a missed shot. You go to take it, the shutter fires (but NOT the flash) and you have a missed shot.

I'll take reliable cameras for a hundred, Alex...
    Well missing a shot is bad news but a T90 has to be used.....the previous owner didn't use mine much as it had an initial fault:- it was ok in daylight but on very dark night shots I got the "eeee" anyway I was about to send it back when it cleared, and after two years is still OK, but I fire it about every 10 days when not in use so that's my solution, for magnets that could stick, that works for me.
    BTW even my most used camera (the T70) is not 100% reliable esp with dumb humans as once I didn't put the film leader to the red dot (when loading) but Canon can also take the blame as well as it displayed I had a film in, but the film wasn't wound on properly so I had a blank film after development...at least with a manual re-wind lever on a camera you can see it move
    Last edited by Excalibur2; 10-30-2011 at 03:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I should mention this little piece of T70 information in case the same problem happens to anybody else: If the camera starts behaving erratically with the shutter speeds changing to random values by itself and refuses to turn off when the slide switch is in the locked position, check to see if the shutter button's stuck about halfway down. The shutter button on my T70 periodically gets stuck halfway down after metering and causes this problem. You can wiggle the shutter button laterally with your finger tip to free it without taking a picture so that it pops back up to its resting position and the camera resumes working normally.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin