Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,697   Online: 757

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most cameras whether they are analogue or digital will withstand a low level fall onto a soft surface like grass. Falling from a height onto concrete, wooden floor etc is quite a different matter. In 1988, my much loved Canon T90 fell off the top of the tripod (way back then I didn't have quick release plates!) and crashed onto the gravel walking track. The fall chewed the left hand side of the body at the rear cover opening and dented the periphery of the 24-105mm lens (which later required work to realign it). There are some behemoths about that will easily take a bad fall: The EOS 1n, 1V and to a lesser degree the EOS 3. Historically it is the lens that will be damaged, not the body. I think all analogue photographers should use the T90 at least once in a lifetime: it is truly a wunderkind (at that time): smooth, fast, easy to navigate, well-balanced, weather resistant and accurate. Glitches with power consumption are the only chink in its armour, but that wouldn't turn me off romancing it again.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Most cameras whether they are analogue or digital will withstand a low level fall onto a soft surface like grass. Falling from a height onto concrete, wooden floor etc is quite a different matter. In 1988, my much loved Canon T90 fell off the top of the tripod (way back then I didn't have quick release plates!) and crashed onto the gravel walking track. The fall chewed the left hand side of the body at the rear cover opening and dented the periphery of the 24-105mm lens (which later required work to realign it). There are some behemoths about that will easily take a bad fall: The EOS 1n, 1V and to a lesser degree the EOS 3. Historically it is the lens that will be damaged, not the body. I think all analogue photographers should use the T90 at least once in a lifetime: it is truly a wunderkind (at that time): smooth, fast, easy to navigate, well-balanced, weather resistant and accurate. Glitches with power consumption are the only chink in its armour, but that wouldn't turn me off romancing it again.
    If a T90 has problems with "power consumption" the camera has an electrical fault causing excecive battery drain, I have three T90s and can shoot about twenty rolls on a set of four AA batteries with every one of them.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Twenty rolls on a set of AA batteries, eh? My EOS 1n with PDBE1 is now on 38th roll on same set of lithium batteries — snix! I'm ahead of the Brits!! . Mentioning which lithium AA batteries weren't available in the mid-1980s; I wonder if they are useable in the T-series bodies, like the T90?
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lithium batteries are usable in the T series cameras but I prefer to use the Alkaline ones because (1) they were the ones the camera were designed to be used with and (2) I can buy 24 Kodak Alkaline AA batteries for less than the price of 4 Lithium ones, that's progress.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use lithiums in my T90 all the time with no problem.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I use lithiums in my T90 all the time with no problem.
    Lithium batteries without doubt last longer than Alkaline ones in a T90, but as I wrote I can buy six sets of alkaline one for less, and four lithium ones certainly don't last six times longer.
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin