Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,002   Online: 750

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Niels, go on and get the Oly XA, be a sensible lad Just make sure you don't get ripped off.

Greetings

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tell ya what... I'll give you $3 just for the A-11.
    (I bought one on ebay a few years ago and it worked twice. )
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom, PM me on the desired a-11; I have 2 that are spare, and am not too far to send one of them via Canada Post.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz View Post
    Hello Niels, go on and get the Oly XA, be a sensible lad Just make sure you don't get ripped off.

Greetings

Hans
    Hiya Hans; some bugger beat me to it.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Your right 55 quid is outrageous. Beyond that they are both great little cameras. I have two XA's currently and have had an XA-II as well. Unfortunately the XA-II became temperamental and would only fire using the self timer mode. I took it apart to see if it was something that was fixable but found it was an IC rather than a loose wire. Another thing I found was that it was a very well designed and constructed camera. The XA's are wonderful to use as long as the focus patch is nice and bright. I never found the XA-II's scale focusing to be a hindrance. Both camera's produce great images.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    These seem to be going for stupid money on Ebay. My XA was about £3 and I think I paid £0.50 for my XA4!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hold out for the Olympus RC!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    These seem to be going for stupid money on Ebay. My XA was about £3 and I think I paid £0.50 for my XA4!

Steve.
    Wow Steve! £3 for an XA is great but £0.50 for an XA4 is fantastic.

I like the XA over the XA2 because I can control the f/stop and I like the +1.5x exposure compensation lever on the bottom of the camera. I use that feature a lot. Another reason I purchased an XA was for the 6 element, 5 group lens over the 4-element lens in the XA2 but when looking at comparison pics I really can't tell the difference. My XA has been with me for over 15 years, until just the other day. I sent it in for a CLA.

-Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I got the XA and the XA2 from car boot sales. I also bought a couple of XA2s for under £5 for the pair which were mounted together on a strip of aluminium and they had been wired together so both shutters fired together. I assume they were used for stereo.

I gave both of those away a few years ago.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I got the XA and the XA2 from car boot sales. I also bought a couple of XA2s for under £5 for the pair which were mounted together on a strip of aluminium and they had been wired together so both shutters fired together. I assume they were used for stereo.

I gave both of those away a few years ago.

Steve.
    Yes, and I thank you for it. Quite a handy camera. It is my "go everywhere" camera.

I think I posted this already in this or another thread, but with the XA2 you can do exposure compensation by under or over-rating your film speed for individual shots. (You just have to remember what film you are using and set it back immediately )
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin