Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,535   Posts: 1,544,067   Online: 1123

Shooter
    35mm

Which NIKON 24mm lens?

Looking into purchasing an F3 and getting a 24mm lens and a telephoto for portraits.

But my NIKON shooting friend doesn't know of any good 24mm glass.

So can someone reccomend me a suitable 24, preferably for under $200. I saw the 24 f/2 on Keh but its a little out of my price range.

Also, can anyone recommend a place to buy a NIKON>EOS converter?

MILK

Shooter
    Large Format
    The 24 f2.8 Nikkor is a great lens in about any version. I have an early one and a "C" (multicoated) and don't find any significant difference in flare or ghosting. That is using black and white film; color may or may not show a difference in saturation. KEH usually has a pile of them at reasonable prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the 24mm f2 and I really like it, the extra stop of speed is great. If you cant wait the 2.8 is very well reviewed as well, but if you check the auctions the f2 does sometimes drop below your price point of $200.

just recently one sold on the bay for $177 from calumet on the 29th, BGN grade it seems. I bought mine a few years ago for ~$180.

Its my go to lens on the street, the dof as with all wide angles is great, so it makes subjects that much easier to keep in focus, more so than the 28mm or 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got the Nikkor/ 28mm f/2. He oido todo, but this lens is
    sharp; sharper than my eyes perhaps. I have the 2o mm, and the 24mm
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    24mm is a great length for the 35mm format. Save some money to get the best you can.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Faster aperture is not necessarily the better lens. Get the 24 f/2.8. Had the f/2.0 version and it was never as sharp as my other Nikkor lenses.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Well that's what I was thinking. Probably going for a 24mm ai s from Keh, although postage is a bitch.

MILK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The f/2 is a little soft, but it is useful.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Nikon 24mm f2.8 AIs. Since I don't have a Nikon body, I use it on my Canon EOS 500 and 300D with an adapter. I used for everything on my 300D since it was the only lens that I had that had a usable focal length on my 300D's crop sensor. It's an awesome lens.
    Gear: Broken Minolta SRT-101 with MC Rokkor 50mm f1.7 | Canon EOS 500 with 50mm f1.8 II, 75-300mm f4-5.6, 24mm f2.8.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin