Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,773   Posts: 1,516,602   Online: 1110

Thread: Agfa????

Shooter
    35mm

Agfa????

A friend of mine gave me an Agfa Solinette. I have figured out the main workingd of the camera, but the focus ring seems to be stuck. I can not find any info for this camera, such as a manual, on the internet. Any suggestions would be great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/agfa/ag..._solinette.htm

More or less all original condition Agfa cameras have a jammed focus by now. This is because Agfa used a variety of grease that eventually turns to concrete. It can be freed by injecting WD-40 lubricant or similar into the focus helicoid little by little and let it stay and do its work until the focus gradually starts to move again.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Probably this is a 3 or 4 element lens with front cell focusing. In this case the front ring comes off (look for small set screws) and the front element unscrews from the focusing helix.
    Take care when disassembling this and mark everything. When putting it back together real focusing and distance scale have to coincide. There is probably more than one thread to reassemble the front cell.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Check here for an excellent guide:

http://www.davidrichert.com/AGFA%20rebuild/agfa.htm
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the links. Very useful.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin