Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,250   Online: 774

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

How do you store your gear?

I'm looking for some advice on good solutions for storing all of my gear. I have a lot of bodies and lenses, all of which I keep in cardboard boxes stacked up on a shelf. It would be nice if there were a good way to store them so that I could easily pick out what stuff I was looking for without diving into a random assortment. It isn't that bad right now, but I can see it getting there in the future

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A two drawer lateral filing cabinet hold most of mine.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cardboard box for most of my gear. I have one 35mm kit that fits in a Pelican case on a shelf.
    photo.benmook.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    keep the 7 and flash and olympus in the bag along with some extra batteries and rolls of film in case of an "ohshit" moment where I would have to grab essentials and bail. I have pec pads, scanning equipment, extra film and batteries, all in a desk drawer next to the shelf where my bag resides.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In a two drawers that are lined with egg crate shaped foam, I have filters, and accessories squared away to one side, and the rest of the bodies and lenses resting on the foam. both sides and middle are lined with very large packs of silica gel packages.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Being in a tropical country, with > 80% humidity all year round, all of my gears are kept in humidity controlled electronic dry cabinets to protect the lenses, especially, from fungus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With the exception of a small Leica kit (M6 body, 35mm and 50 mm Summilux ASPHs and a 90mm Summicron) which is always at the ready (loaded with either HP5 or Tri-X), all my stuff, when not in use, is stored in a motley and well-worn assortment assortment of (locking) Zero Halliburton and Pelican cases.

Shooter
    35mm
    I throw it in the bottom of the closet, put it in cardboard boxes in the basement, sometimes in the garage on a bench, If I am lazy I leave it in the trunk of the car for 6 months.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In two Pelican cases that I keep in a grey steel strong cupboard that must have cost a fortune new that I got from a place I used to work at when they were going to throw it out in the trash when they no longer needed it.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use military ammo boxes. They are cheap and easy to find at any military surplus store. They are airtight, weather proof and they stack easily. Throw in some silica gel packs and you've got about as good a long term storage container as you can hope for.

I have about 40 ammo boxes full of camera gear stored in the closet in my darkroom.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin