Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,737   Posts: 1,670,439   Online: 741

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Focusing screens for Nikon F4

Anybody know where I might be able to find a NEW Nikon Type K (pretty standard) or Nikon Type E or Nikon Type J focusing screen for an F4?

I looked at B&H, Adorama, and tried googling these screens but can't find any new ones.

Thanks
    Michael

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They sometimes show up as NOS on the big auction site. The B screen is far more common since it replaced the K as the standard issue screen. Doubt Nikon.ca would have anything hanging around.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...eens/index.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wanted one of these screens for my F4 because I like to use manual focus lenses. Fortunately I found my "P" screen for the F4 on Ebay.
    The screen was not new, by the condition of the little box it came in, but by the looks of the screen itself, it had been used very little if at all.
    Try KEH as well, but keep looking on Ebay and you may get lucky.

Just checked....there are two "E" screens on Ebay right now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes that's why I want the screens too - for manual focus PC-E lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd make it a habit of checking keh every day. Last year when Pentax 645 lenses were much lower in price, they would appear and be gone in an hour or less.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a brand new Nikon Type E Screen for the F4 sitting here. Bought it years ago and never used it. Just opened it for careful inspection under a reversed 50 and bright light. Also peered through it in the F4 w/ a bright, 1.4 lens mounted. Perfect condition. Screen, bag, plastic box, Nikon screen chart, cardboard box; all original and all yours. Shoot me a number and perhaps we can make a deal. I'm in the US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm definitely interested! But based on what I see on ebay etc for new screens, you're not looking at big $. B&H is selling some new F4 screens for like $10 (not the E but others). How much do you want?

Shooter
    35mm
    How about $25?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about $20 plus shipping? Can I paypal you?

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Focusing screens for F4

I did think very highly of KEH. And, still for cameras & lenses, & any larger fairly expensive pieces, I wouldn't hesitate to to buy from them. However I've have had several bad experiences buying small stuff like filters, finder screens, etc. The worst was that, I bought a fairly new Nikon 62mm cir. polarizer Ex condition that was filthy. I didn't have time to send it back, so I cleaned it up. It cleaned up OK, but why have to bother to clean it up. I've gotten more screens (viewfinder) etc. that were incorrectly boxed, or severely abraded. I've come the the conclusion that the receiving inspectors (or whatever KEH calls them) for the smaller or cheaper stuff, either do not have time to properly do their job, or are not trained photographers, or they don't give a shit, or perhaps they start their less experienced employes on the cheaper stuff. I think their problem is too much success, & Smyrna(sp?), Ga ain't exactly a hot bed of knowledgeable photo people. In any case I'm not going to buy any more small cheaper stuff from them, JD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin