Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,521   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about this beauty for architecture?
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...mTS/35mmts.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was this thread about Canon FD lenses not too long ago. Lots of good information in it.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/8...fd-lenses.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Well today I just picked up a Canon 28mm F2.8 at a local camera store. Nice lens. I think I will look for an 85mm next and maybe something wider? Well see...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonfan07 View Post
    Well today I just picked up a Canon 28mm F2.8 at a local camera store. Nice lens. I think I will look for an 85mm next and maybe something wider? Well see...
    Very good lens...I also have the older 28mm f3.5 breechlock and that is a very good lens as well

Shooter
    35mm
    my advice (after shooting with Canon FD gear for 25 yeras now): FD 1,4/50mm, FD2,8/24mm, 1.8/85mm, FD 2,8/135mm and FD 2,8/200mm when it comes to primes. You might want to consider a 35mm lens as well, but I'd stay away from the radioactive old 35mm. Not because of the Thorium oozing from the lens (which it won't), but because of the yellow tint you might get on color pics. if you're shooting b&w only, then that's fine for you - you can do without a yellow filter then.
    In terms of zooms, get rid of that Albinar lens, it's crap! The FD 80-200 is great and affordable. Another often overlooked lens is the small 3,5-4,5/35-105mm. It is by no means much weaker than the big 35-105 with a steady 3,5 aperture. If you like landscapes look out for the quite rare FD 3,5/28-50mm. It offers a stellar performance.
    Canon FD &EF, Mamiya AF, Nikon, Pentax, Praktica, Minolta

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi again Nikonfan,

I have all of the primes which Thomas mentioned. All are excellent glass. I also have a 20mm 2.8 which is loads of fun and is also great for landscape work. Add a Canon 2x doubler and you've got it all covered.
    As far as zooms go I have the 35-105 f3.5 two touch. It lives on the camera as my everyday, use it for everything lens.
    You can't go too far wrong with any FD lens and the price is certainly right.
    enjoy,

Larry
    "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"........Paul Simon

Shooter
    35mm
    Fantastic everyone. Well my Christmas list is made. Its time to start shopping for some lenses. Honestly I am very excited about this camera and soon to be set of lenses. Thanks again everyone for your help, Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have loads of FD lenses, but the one I find most useful for general photographyis the 28-85 f4 zoom.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison of the 28-85 f/4 and the 35-105 f/3.5? I had two copies of the 35-105 from KEH but sent them both back. The first made this clicking sound when zooming past 50mm and the second would not focus to infinity. But it was really a superb lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used Canon cameras for over 30 years. Bought my first Canon F1 n in college and shot all FD primes. Never owned or shot with a FD Zooms. I was told back then in the 80s that FD zooms are not sharp as prime FD lenses. Is that true? I find today's Canon zoom lenses are very sharp.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin