Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,814   Online: 1018

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    As well, I remember the NPS tech telling me that the top left corner was the weakest for this reason. I surmise that if you wanted to be really careful and wanted to protect it then adding some sort of rubber covering as a cushion, much like the F4 body did.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, I certainly spoke too soon. I did some printing today and some shots I took yesterday and several days ago (same roll) in my new to me F3 have that old familiar shutter bounce indication along the edge of one side of the negative.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hmm. Any idea why the shutter bounce? And is it the starting side or the ending side of the shutter travel?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Irrelevant. There's no Barrett-Jackson auction for old photo gear. No one is paying big bucks for revived FE and F3 bodies.
    Keyword "IF" if the demand gets high enough they will be made again.Haleys comet will return before the surplus of FEs and F3s dries up to the point that they are no longer viable as parts cameras.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    Keyword "IF" if the demand gets high enough they will be made again.Haleys comet will return before the surplus of FEs and F3s dries up to the point that they are no longer viable as parts cameras.
    Please...Try to find someone capable of the necessary transplant surgery in 5 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    There is something to this. Sover Wong in the UK, who works only on F2's, has brand new custom made ring resistors which he says have been tested to four times the life of the improved type Nikon part, which itself was much better than the original type.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please...Try to find someone capable of the necessary transplant surgery in 5 years.
    OK. I'm sure I'll be able to.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    There is something to this. Sover Wong in the UK, who works only on F2's, has brand new custom made ring resistors which he says have been tested to four times the life of the improved type Nikon part, which itself was much better than the original type.
    Wong does nice work. He's in the UK and perhaps too pricey for the local rollers. I'm sure his supply will last in the face of demand, current and future. With Ilford--and possibly Fuji--the only major film players in the near term, I'm not betting on an uptick in demand for film cameras and/or film camera service. Would be pleasantly surprised if Kodak's still kicking in recognizable form this time next year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Can't believe what a nervous nelly some of you F3 users are being, the ring resistor issue might be the least of your wories, (foam decay, rubber hardening, gummy lube, lack or regular use, spring tension weakening, gear wear, dust and moisture, ozon,)

And BTW out of all the Nikons I have used, the F3 has always been hit and miss, most of the pro's I worked with praised them, then currsed them, then shelved them, then the said F4 isn't bad. then missed the F3, then realized the n90 then the f100 were the best bullet proof cameras Nikon ever made for the price. NPS was kept busy servicing 8008 and F4 shutters, then the n90 and f100 came along, and I and many let their NPS cards expire.

F3's are everywhere, I know a guy that has a half dozen in a bin, along with all his other parts cameras.
    I'm going to look the guy up with the Cord L29 and go for a ride, parts can be found scavanged, or made if the will exists.
    Last edited by vpwphoto; 11-12-2011 at 09:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I do my own work,thats what makes it affordable for me to have the cameras that I do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin