Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,523   Online: 999

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    No threads, the meter and shutter indicator speed indicator are one unit, it could have jumped a tooth on the gear train,there is a segment on the very bottom and a white plastic gear toward the top of the assembly.

Turn the shutter speed dial all the way CCW it should indicate "B" in the view finder.

Attachment 41673

Attachment 41674
    The upstream poster is perhaps thinking about Minolta SRT series cameras that did use ropes and pulleys in their meters.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well there is one string for the aperture setting, it goes from the coupling ring over to the dreaded FRE under the film speed dial.

Shooter
    35mm
    My bad! I know that the FM couple the shutter speed dial to the shutter via string but then the FE being electronic it doesn't have to.

Shooter
    35mm
    I almost forgot too. I knew there was a string in there somewhere.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    No threads, the meter and shutter indicator speed indicator are one unit, it could have jumped a tooth on the gear train,there is a segment on the very bottom and a white plastic gear toward the top of the assembly.

Turn the shutter speed dial all the way CCW it should indicate "B" in the view finder.

Attachment 41673

Attachment 41674
    Thank you for the picture. I assume it may jumped 2 teeth since it is off by 2 stops.
    Can I access this unit just by opening the top cover? I don't want to mess around with left hand dial and the fragile FRE underneath it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all for the replies. Just an update, I finally had to let go this nice little gem since I found the base of the shutter speed dial slightly concave. It explains why the green needle and speed dial don't match (I don't think normal use will cause this). Might be dropped and landed on the dial. My concern is also about the FRE condition after such impact.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is an FRE??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drumlin View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is an FRE??
    Functional Resistance Element.

Shooter
    35mm
    its also know as "Freakin Really Expensive"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin