Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,706   Online: 828

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Is that ORWO stuff the OP linked perfed?
    Probably DIY perf.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Availability of standard assortment:
    width length perforation
    35 mm 305 m N-4740 (BH 1866) K-Code
    35 mm 122 m N-4740 (BH 1866) K-Code
    16 mm 122 m 0-2 RB-7605 (1RB 2994) K-Code

Any of you MP film shooters/projectionists know what these perf codes denote?

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Thank you IC racer for the link for ORWO North America. I was not aware that ORWO just launched their North American distribution:
    http://www.orwona.com/
    I contacted them and received ultra fast friendly reply. They also have in stock 100' rolls of their BW negative films!!!
    From 400' roll of film you can roll around 80 - 36 exp cassettes

CGW- Before fall of Berlin wall, ORWO was second largest producer of photographic material in the world! They had full assortment of BW & color films (photo & movie), chemicals, photo paper, Xray, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That Orwo stuff is movie film with Bell&Howell (BH) perforations
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_perforations

May or may not run smoothly through your camera, shouldn't be any problem with cameras without sprockets.

More interestingly, they sell release and duplicating films, but only in 2,000 ft. cans - same $1/roll price, but it will take a long time to go through 320 rolls...

I wonder if Freestyle would be interested in respooling it into 25ft or so packages like they did with some of the ADOX duplicating films.
    Last edited by Nicholas Lindan; 11-16-2011 at 02:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    It's a dollar a roll for 16mm. More for 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The perforation is ok for 135 able camera, at least Leica I to IIIc or prewar FED - should be ok in other cams as well.
    I have shot their motion films from before 1989 and were quite good. Low contrast, great tonal scale.
    Was thinking at some point to order some of their new stuff but since Agfa films are still kicking, I just didn't left like order some of the ORWO for plain nostalgic sake. Its never too late thou.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice pickup. I have a pair of FX-3s plus a couple of lenses in the closet and find them to be about all the 35mm SLR I need. All mechanical shutter, the meters in mine yield good exposure information and the lenses are very good. No major shortcomings as a system limiting the quality of the negative or transparency. I do not see any reason to spend more on more complex cameras. If I want better glass, the Contax lenses are much more but unless very critical do not seem worth the cost penalty.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    Nice pickup. I have a pair of FX-3s plus a couple of lenses in the closet and find them to be about all the 35mm SLR I need. All mechanical shutter, the meters in mine yield good exposure information and the lenses are very good. No major shortcomings as a system limiting the quality of the negative or transparency. I do not see any reason to spend more on more complex cameras. If I want better glass, the Contax lenses are much more but unless very critical do not seem worth the cost penalty.
    Are you hearing voices??

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I love it too. My progression in photography has gone like this:

35mm using Pentax SLR cameras and lenses.
    120 6x6 TLR via a Yashica 12.
    120 6x6 TLR via a Rolleiflex.
    120 645 via a Mamiya 645 system.
    120 6x6 via a Hasselblad 500 series
    4x5 via a Crown Graphic.
    4x5 via an Osaka hand built Japanese camera and a 210 Schneider.
    5x7 via a Century #2 with a couple of brass lenses.
    Back to 120 6x6 via the Hasselblad.
    Back to 35mm via the Pentax SLR and a Leica M2.

It's as if I had to take the trip up to large format only to realize that my pictures were none the better. It was a very stark realization for me.

Now I'm perfectly happy with my prints from 35mm and I use TMax 400 / Acros with replenished Xtol, and Tri-X with PMK for a variety in prints regarding texture. You can have it all with the small format, in my opinion.
    My progression is almost identical, except I topped out at 8x10, before finally moving back to an Olympus 35RD with Tmax 400. I'm loving it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Maybe if you're up for survivalism and dumpster diving. Cheap C-41 dev/print service is dead or dying across N. America. Who's up for paying pro lab prices for a roll of 24 Superia 200? That's what's taken the fun out of 35mm for me. I'd say 3-5 years ago was probably "peak" 35mm for price/quality on used gear. That's when I was buying the bestest for the leastest in Nikon. Now? Not so much unless "cheap" is your sole criterion.
    I don't know about you but I'm having a blast with my new/old analog gear! Recently purchased a complete 500c in excellent condition for around $700. Upgraded my Mamiya 645 to the 645 Super with winder grip and metering prism for under $250--again in excellent condition. Dumpster diving--I don't think so. C-41 processing? No problem--get yourself one of the 2 kits on the market (either the Rollei Digimax or the 1 litre kit from Freestyle) and you process your own color cheaply and with excellent quality. I've never had more fun with my craft in the past 40 years than I'm having now. I encourage you to try it again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin