Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,416   Online: 944

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't speak for all photographers, but I'm just familiarized with one or two cameras. I've used my Canon F1(n) for over 25 years and I know it like the back of my hand. I use the controls without thinking too much about it. All I concentrate on when I shoot is the composition and exposure. I can screw up a shoot if I have to think too much about the controls on my camera. I feel that me an my camera are one.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Seven cameras, seven days the week has.You lucky devil.Put them in an order, then stick with it.I want one too!!! )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 26x30 View Post
    ... which would be the best system to persue?
    Only you can answer that question.

If I were in your position, I would concentrate on two of the Canons (F1 and Ftb) or two of the Nikons (F and FM). It all depends on which of the four bodies I could easily get in working condition and how good the bodies work in my hands. Another factor to consider is how easy will it be for me to find the additional lenses I will need for the type of photographs I want to shoot.

My personal bias would be for the Canon F1 or the Nikon F. Both were fine cameras.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5226987647/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0714b sml.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by narsuitus View Post
    If I were in your position, I would concentrate on two of the Canons (F1 and Ftb) or two of the Nikons (F and FM).
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/11336821@N00/5226987647/
    I think that is what I plan to do. I am going to hang of to all of them, but I love how the F1 and F feel. The heft of these two is very pleasing to me. Nikon and Canon lenses seem to be bountiful, so two systems to upkeep and learn should not be that hard. The only camera that I really have no attachment to is the Nikkormat. I like the feel, the balance and the layout of the controls. I just have not made friends with it yet, and don't really know why. If anything, I would just trade it for a lens if given the chance. Started replacing the seals on the Ftbn today...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The best thing about the FM is that it takes Nikon lenses. I have an FM and an FE-2, both great cameras. I've used Canons and Yashicas, but I love the Nikon lenses.

Shooter
    35mm
    Keep them, it's nice to have a selection of different cameras on hand. I have 11 cams, but I mainly focus on glass for my Nikons. I have a Konica T3N (My favorite Camera), Pentax PZ-10 (Travel Camera), Nikon F100 (My main shooter), Nikon F70, Nikon F75 (Backup Nikon, Baby F5) Minolta XG-M (Latest aquisition), 2 Polaroids (635CL and Impulse), Minolta Hi-Matic Rangefinder, Holga 120N and my digital Pentax K110, I also had a Kodak Disc Camera given to me, I don't want to shoot the film though cause I don't think I can get it developed. My son shoots with a Canon Rebel film camera i picked up as well. It's nice to have a selection, and you get to learn different systems and set-ups, which keeps things interesting. I just try and have fun with this addiction... Ummm... Hobby... lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by narsuitus View Post
    Only you can answer that question.

If I were in your position, I would concentrate on two of the Canons (F1 and Ftb) or two of the Nikons (F and FM).
    This is sage advice:
    1. Only you can answer that question. When I sold cameras, I found that one camera or camera line would fit in a customer's hands better than another. All other things being equal, the customer's experience was better with which ever camera was more comfortable to handle.
    2. If I were in your position, I would concentrate on two of the Canons (F1 and Ftb) or two of the Nikons (F and FM). I shoot three formats with multiple cameras, however I only use one camera or camera line in a format when shooting a subject. Therefore, if I start shooting 35mm with Nikons, one for color [Nikon N75] and one for black & white [Nikon F100], I will continue using only the Nikons until I am finished with 35mm on that subject. I may then switch to another format with that subject when finish with the first format. Moving back and forth between camera lines while shooting one subject leads to mistakes and thrashing regardless of the number of decades experience one has in photography.
    Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You really should get an Olympus OM1 and a set of lenses for that. Then a Hasselblad for when you want a larger negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One thing, Both the Nikon and older Canons, Ft, FTb, Pellix, etc used PX15 and PX625 batteries. No longer available. The battery only provides power to the meter.
    The New F1 is battery dependent like the A series cameras.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Keep them all. Get a hand held meter. See how you feel. All of them are good cameras. Don't look down on the FTb. Use one camera first until you feel comfortable. Then use the next and so on. The solution to your problem will come from within you.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin