Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,173   Online: 1054

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all of the responses! So, I guess having say, a Nikon F with a stack of lenses is more or less the same as having multiple cameras with dedicated lenses that you are familiar with, right? If I only use a 200 tele on the Ftbn and know just how the results will turn out every time then that's my camera for the job. Outfitting the FM with a 28 wide would be the fit for that niche as well. I guess I had it in my mind that I needed to pick a camera and build a set of glass. Maybe I need to learn how they all respond to a specific lens and carry two cameras at a time, or just take one with me with a specific style of capture in mind. I enjoy using an external meter, and feel that dialing in the factors helps me look at everything throughout the day in terms of aperture and speed. Problem solved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    One thing, Both the Nikon and older Canons, Ft, FTb, Pellix, etc used PX15 and PX625 batteries. No longer available. The battery only provides power to the meter.
    The New F1 is battery dependent like the A series cameras.
    I know that there are workarounds for this, but for what it would cost I could buy a new lens. The Canon is a F1, not a New F1, though, so that isn't a problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin