Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,511   Online: 895

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    The only draw back to the SRT is the battery, I use wein cells and just deal with the short life.The best SRTs are the 102 w/MLU and the 202.
    Convert the meter via this sites instructions http://www.rokkorfiles.com/conversion.htm All of my SRT's are done this way and the metering is dead on but first if needed the meter cell prism blocks have to be removed and cleaned before re-cementing with glass glue from micro-tools..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been pricing the Olympus E-3 with plans to use my Minolta glass with an adapter from cameraquest.com for a project I am planning in the near future. I have a ton of Minolta glass and have no problem manually focusing and from what I understand, they work well.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I have been pricing the Olympus E-3 with plans to use my Minolta glass with an adapter from cameraquest.com for a project I am planning in the near future. I have a ton of Minolta glass and have no problem manually focusing and from what I understand, they work well.
    I use my Rokkor's on the Olympus E-620 with excellent results.

Be sure to specify micro 4/3 or 4/3 depending on which camera you get when ordering the adapter..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The E-3 would require the 4/3. The micro 4/3 is for the small P&S bodied cameras like the EP-1. I have been doing some research and what I have found is that there are a few of the Olympus bodies that need to be modified in the mirror chamber before the adaptor can be mounted. I have also heard that some of the Minolta lenses may also need aperture tab shortened by a fraction but the E-3/5 do not need either done. Haven't done it yet so it is still conjecture on my part.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by leicarfcam View Post
    Convert the meter via this sites instructions http://www.rokkorfiles.com/conversion.htm All of my SRT's are done this way and the metering is dead on but first if needed the meter cell prism blocks have to be removed and cleaned before re-cementing with glass glue from micro-tools..
    I'm not converting the half dozen SRTs I have, I'll use the wein cells.I've had good battery life from them IMHO. I don't use those bodies often enough to make it worth my time.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    The E-3 would require the 4/3. The micro 4/3 is for the small P&S bodied cameras like the EP-1. I have been doing some research and what I have found is that there are a few of the Olympus bodies that need to be modified in the mirror chamber before the adaptor can be mounted. I have also heard that some of the Minolta lenses may also need aperture tab shortened by a fraction but the E-3/5 do not need either done. Haven't done it yet so it is still conjecture on my part.
    Some people I have found don't know the difference between the two and usually bidding on the wrong one..

I've not tried any of the P&S bodies but my E-620 works fine. I recently was given a E-300 which also works fine.

The conversion I hate to see is the conversion to Canon mount since it cannot be reversed.
    Last edited by leicarfcam; 11-20-2011 at 04:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've seen that conversion several times on fleaBay on lenses I would have loved to have had. I saw a 100/2 that had been converted and it made me sick.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It does speak good of the quality of Minolta lens when it is preferred over the actual makers lens line but yes it is rather sickening to see a Rokkor lens hacked beyond use on the bodies it was originally intended for..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

While we may be drifting off the original topic here, I agree that the modification of a lens mount that makes it unusable on the original camera is not justified. When you also consider that the DigitalROKKOR lens mounting flange is available for the Canon APS-C sensor digital cameras, I say that it is totally unnecessary to modify that lens to use it on a digital camera. And, if you decide that you do not want to use the Minolta lens on the Canon digital body any more, you can replace the original Canon EF-S lens mounting flange back onto the body, and nobody will ever know. Everything is restored to original condition.

The lens modification in this case is even more disturbing. The ROKKOR 2/100 and the 2/135 were made for just over one year, and not very many samples were built. To destroy a lens which was not common in the first place for an odd custom usage is compounding the felony.

And, for Guitstik, I think I have finally found my own very first Minolta X-700 shutter capacitor failure. The new body handed to me this last weekend is showing the classical signs of the shutter not working due to that capacitor failure. This body serial number is in the range that I believe was when the production line had been moved to Indonesia, so it may be quite appropriate. Time to pull four small screws, the bottom plate, and have the soldering iron warming.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    You won't find people defending destroying Nikkors so they can be used on bodies they were not intended.

This shows the deep respect people have for rare Rokkor glass, makes me all warm inside.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin