Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,555   Online: 946

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Javins View Post
    Time to pull four small screws, the bottom plate, and have the soldering iron warming.
    There are two caps that will need replacing. The one you mention and there is also one under the circuit board under the rewind lever.. This one is more difficult to replace..

Replacement caps can be found at micro-tools..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had an X-700 - 3 in fact. One was lost, 1 died and 1 sacrificed for the dead one. When the shutter problem struck i got out of the electronic cameras for many years and went for the SRT's. Since then, i've picked up a couple XD-11's (sold one) and an XD-5, but strongly prefer my SRT102/202. I've read the XE-7 is a nice balance between the two models though, unfortunately for me, it has the LED metering indicators - my primary non-preference in the XD series.

That said, i don't shoot 35mm much lately b/c my Mamiya RB67 Pro-S is getting the play time choice.

I completely empathize w/ftop, quitstik, et al!!!! It is, to me, an absolute tragedy when i hear/see a Rokkor being destroyed to accomodate a dSLR - particularly the higher quality ones. Why not just butcher a Celtic lens since there's going to be heavy PP anyway? Arrrghhhhh!!!

Back to the OP's question.... probably a 400mm (though there are others....).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fmajor View Post
    I've read the XE-7 is a nice balance between the two models though, unfortunately for me, it has the LED metering indicators - my primary non-preference in the XD series.
    I have the XE-1 (European equivalent). It is nice. It's one of my favourite 35mm cameras and the LED metering doesn't bother me. It's probably more accurate than relying on the electromagnetic force acting on a spring as in a traditional meter with a needle.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If y'all haven't guessed by now, Jarvis and I are pretty much sold on the Minolta gear. I have several srT 101's, XD-11's and XE-7's as well as an SR-7 and they get used most of the time by myself or my son when we go out to shoot. The XE-7 is battery dependant and can be finicky at times (needs a CLA) but it is spot on with a fresh battery and takes fantastic pics especially with the pre-MC lenses (couldn't possibly be me).

I have the 300/4,5 MC ROKKOR lens that I picked up in a package deal. Great looking lens but it doesn't get used much as I prefer to use wide angle lenses most of the time and nothing more than a 135 for portraits. If you haven't gotten that lens yet for $70 do so if you use tele's. KEH has a 300/5,6 in E+ condition now for $89. Get it while the gettings good. Check out this review of the lens http://www.geocities.ws/mikkonis/reviewed/md400mm.html
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    If y'all haven't guessed by now, Jarvis and I are pretty much sold on the Minolta gear. I have several srT 101's, XD-11's and XE-7's as well as an SR-7 and they get used most of the time by myself or my son when we go out to shoot. The XE-7 is battery dependant and can be finicky at times (needs a CLA) but it is spot on with a fresh battery and takes fantastic pics especially with the pre-MC lenses (couldn't possibly be me).

I have the 300/4,5 MC ROKKOR lens that I picked up in a package deal. Great looking lens but it doesn't get used much as I prefer to use wide angle lenses most of the time and nothing more than a 135 for portraits. If you haven't gotten that lens yet for $70 do so if you use tele's. KEH has a 300/5,6 in E+ condition now for $89. Get it while the gettings good. Check out this review of the lens http://www.geocities.ws/mikkonis/reviewed/md400mm.html
    Well count me in on that.I was sold on Minolta back in the 70s.I have quite a collection of Minolta equipment. All the top of the line stuff with the exception of an XK Motor.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by fmajor View Post
    I've read the XE-7 is a nice balance between the two models though, unfortunately for me, it has the LED metering indicators - my primary non-preference in the XD series.
    The XE-7 does not use led's instead it uses a needle that lines up with the shutter speed indication in the viewfinder..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin