Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,539   Online: 1019

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OM problem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Guitstik, as funny as that sounds, that is the going price for busted ones these days and working ones fetch $150 and up on CL--some folks are total imbeciles and buy them.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really funny considering what I sent you, eh Rick?
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Um... er,...ah.........
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Almost certainly a battery problem. Try Silver Oxide, SR44, if I'm wrong I'll eat my, errmm........lunch!
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by S Raff View Post
    okay so there is one screw missing. With the camera upside down and so the lens faces away from you there is a screw to the left of the battery cover and one in front, same edge as the lens. It is the one in front that is missing. Is this a problem?
    there should only be 3 screws on the bottom plate, one on each side of the body, and one next to the tripod mounting socket. The one you say that you say is missing probably is the winder pin socket so you are ok.

try new batteries!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The new battery hunt begins tomorrow

I developed the film and of the twelve exposures which happened before any issues they were very nice and exposed to the cameras ability, perhaps not mine. The exposures after show the odd good on where I shot in the manual mode and then quite a few overexposed, so consistent with the cameras behavior. So I still would like to get this one working okay but then I'll try and pick up a one digit series body to use with the standard 50mm I have.
    S Raff

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Yes, but the off switch on the OM-2/OM-2n doesn't cause it to really work all that differently from the OM-2s.

If you pick up an OM-2/OM-2n that has been turned "off" and take a photo, it turns the meter on to set the exposure.

If you leave any of the three cameras "on", they will turn themselves off after a short time.
    A 2N fired in the "off" position will give a correct auto exposure if ambient light is high enough for a shutter speed above 1/45th, otherwise a low light exposure will be limited to a maximum of 1/45th, resulting in underexposure. If left "on" meter and drain does not time out, but batteries will last a long time this way any way. Silver oxide cells are the only correct choice. John

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    there should only be 3 screws on the bottom plate, one on each side of the body, and one next to the tripod mounting socket. The one you say that you say is missing probably is the winder pin socket so you are ok.

try new batteries!
    The hole on the front edge of the bottom cover is for the alignment pin found on motor drive and winder. It is not a screw hole. I regularly put up overhauled OM-1, 2 and 2S on my site. People buy them, maybe because they're tired of getting stuck with cheap broken bodies and no warranty. John

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by S Raff View Post
    Just noticed that in the manual (just found online) it says "Two 1.5V silver oxide (SR44) batteries or alkaline-manganese (LR44) batteries.
    Silver oxide only. Manual was printed before the camera was field tested on consumers. John

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin