Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,182   Online: 1089

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The Nikon EL2/Nikkormat EL/ELW were battery eating monsters. But you might be able to pick one up cheap.
    David

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    The Nikon EL2/Nikkormat EL/ELW were battery eating monsters. But you might be able to pick one up cheap.
    David
    Therefore we praise the Nikon FE.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not lowly, simply s
    uperb in my book.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agreed! It's my favorite camera -- my fourth one just arrived in the mail last night and it's a beauty with new seals and a proper CLA. After using my F100 over the past year, it's nice to have such a small body in my hands again. I also love the intuitive controls on the camera -- even blind, I could set every control on that camera, something that is not as easy to do with the newer cameras and all their menus.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had three for years. Never a problem.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have had two FE cameras. The build quality is impeccable, they are VERY solid. Many of the features included on them are pure genius, the MLU self-timer, the ability to time out impossibly long exposures, the multiple exposure lever, I could go on... But they have some faults. The film advance lever always poked me in the eye or hit me in the face, and you have to pull it out to fire the shutter. And the viewfinder is just too damn small. I can't tolerate the 92% viewing area. I now have a Nikon F with a full 100% coverage, and I never miss the FE. I also could never use the FE with my larger Nikkors, because the camera was just too unbalanced with them and it became a nightmare to shoot with.

However, if all I had was a tiny 50/1.8, I would definitely choose the FE as a walk-around camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    The only thing lowly about the FE is its current price. I have two of them. They are sturdy and capable cameras. The only thing that bugs me about them is the exposure lock. It works but seeing the needle still moving around is distracting. I like using the FEs with an E screen for macro shooting and with slower lenses. If you remember to turn off the leter by pushing in the advance lever then batteries can last a long time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i have a FE2 and it is an elegant and refined machine. I do agree that the viewfinder could be a little better.
    The one thing that bugs me is the release button for the exposure compensation dial is in a really bad spot. But it is the same on just about every nikon and canon body.
    That is really a minor gripe. Otherwise it is probably the the pinnacle of small chrome SLR's.
    Last edited by darinwc; 11-26-2011 at 01:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AFenvy View Post
    I have had two FE cameras. The build quality is impeccable, they are VERY solid. Many of the features included on them are pure genius, the MLU self-timer, the ability to time out impossibly long exposures, the multiple exposure lever, I could go on... But they have some faults. The film advance lever always poked me in the eye or hit me in the face, and you have to pull it out to fire the shutter. And the viewfinder is just too damn small. I can't tolerate the 92% viewing area. I now have a Nikon F with a full 100% coverage, and I never miss the FE. I also could never use the FE with my larger Nikkors, because the camera was just too unbalanced with them and it became a nightmare to shoot with.

However, if all I had was a tiny 50/1.8, I would definitely choose the FE as a walk-around camera.
    Funny I alternate between my F and my FE. Perfect combo, indeed.
    Akiva S.

Nikkormat FTN, Nikon F, Nikon FE, Leica M3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero/

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Funny I alternate between my F3 and my FE. An equally perfect combo, indeed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin