Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,477   Online: 1085

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Still think for features/price/ergonomics/build quality, the FE/FM variants were among the best film cameras Nikon made. The "F" bodies always cost way more as "system" cameras with piles of accessories most couldn't afford and didn't really need. Always curious about Nikon's historical sales figures on it film bodies in terms of production volume and production lifetime.

From a purely design standpoint, I'm not seeing much if any contemporary digital models(no flames, please) that come close. An exception seems to be the offbeat but very sweet Fuji X-10 and x-100.

Can't help think that the FE hit that elusive sweet spot few products attain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My wife bought me one as a wedding gift, it was my first film camera and I love it. She liked it a lot too so when I found one in a thrift store I bought her one of her own. Mine's chrome and her's is black so there's no confusion .

Adam

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin