Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,340   Online: 792

Shooter
    35mm

Light Source for Viewing 35mm Negatives

I recently bought an Artograph A920 light pad and Peak 8x loupe for viewing my negatives. I had been looking at my negs using the light from the incandescent bulb (60W) in a lamp and the 2x magnifier on my compass. Obviously, this was a very awkward way to view negs. I thought the A920 and Peak would greatly improve things. Indeed, viewing is much more comfortable with the light pad and loupe. The Peak also provides excellent magnification. However, the lamp bulb seems to offer more brightness, and makes looking for things (imperfections and such) a bit easier. I went for the A920 because it is an LED unit, and I figured that LEDs would be better on my eyes. I had considered the Porta Trace unit, but wanted to avoid florescent bulbs. Also, I thought the Peak 8X was supposed to have a focusing feature, but I do no see any way to focus it. I welcome your comments.
    Last edited by FilmOnly; 11-25-2011 at 06:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmOnly View Post
    I figured that LEDs would be better on my eyes.
    I don't think I have encountered a discontinuous spectrum light source that I would ever call 'easy' or 'comfortable' on my eyes. I prefer incandescent lamps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Im looking at Artograph LightPad (LED) for viewing negatives, maybe I will buy. Any more comments on them compared to normal lightboxes?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin