Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,834   Online: 1087

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

CLA a Olympus OM4 or get a OM4t and have it CLA'd

I have a user grade Olympus OM4 that I've been using.
    I've pretty much settled on the Olympus system as my main 35mm camera.

I was debating on getting my OM4 CLA'd. But since I am going to spend the extra money, I was thinking it may be better to spring for a OM4t and have that CLA'd instead.

What do you guys think?
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your going to spend twice the money on buying a 4t+ CLA instead of just getting what you already have CLA'd? Seems to me you have already made up your mind you just want some one here to validate your decision. This is the wrong place to ask this type of question, go for it.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OM4t! well only if you want super cool any shutter speed flash sync! (F280) and you like the feel of a few grams of weight savings! (hey any little bit helps after a long day carrying on the neck)

Or hunt for one that has already just been CLA'ed!

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    The only differences between the 4 and the 4T are those already mentioned. I agree with what others have said: save some cash and get what you have CLA'd.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well it looks like part of my question has been answered (even if I did not specify the parts ).. it seems the only difference between the OM4 and T is the top and bottom plates and the use of the F280 flash to sync at any speed.
    Considering I dont have the f280 flash, nor do I use high speed flash, I dont think I need the features of the T.

The second part is just the age of the camera.. the 4T's and 4Ti's were the latest versions of this model. Would one of these more recent cameras last longer than an older one, given both have CLA's?
    Opinions are welcome, I know this is a not an exact science.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If what I have read is correct, there were also upgrades to the electronic boards inside it. It was to fix a battery drain issue with some om4 models. The quick test to see if your's is either the old or new circuit, turn the batter check on, and if the steady beep cuts out by itself in ~20 seconds, its the new board.

The f280 flash rocks, I used it at a haunted house we set up for halloween, and I just zone focused with it, and with a high shutter speed, there were some cool reaction results! too bad it blew up and melted on me afterwards. I replaced it with another that cost me only $50 bucks, so not bad. it is also good for daylight fill.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why don't you ask John Hermanson of Camtech?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I think getting an overhaul on what you already have is better than buying another (used) which would also need an overhaul. JMO John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't need high speed flash sync, stick with the 4 and enjoy it!
    Cheers,

-ethan

blog?

Shooter
    35mm
    If you have an older 4 (see note above about the circuit test), it would be worth it to upgrade. Beyond that, the 4T is titanium! You get to carry around a camera made from titanium! What could be better than that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin