Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,241   Online: 1023

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 85mm f/1.7

I have been looking for a portrait lens for my Minolta SRT 101 (generally shoot B&W), a friend offered to sell me the above lens for $225 (very good condition). Seems to be a little high for 30+ yr old 35mm lens so I am somewhat hesitant but I see the prices on the auctions sites tend to exceed his asking price. Anyone using this lens who might lend me their opinion?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been looking for a portrait lens for my Minolta SRT 101
    Then get the 85!!! It's a GREAT lens and sells for around $300-$400!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsanika View Post
    I have been looking for a portrait lens for my Minolta SRT 101 (generally shoot B&W), a friend offered to sell me the above lens for $225 (very good condition). Seems to be a little high for 30+ yr old 35mm lens so I am somewhat hesitant but I see the prices on the auctions sites tend to exceed his asking price. Anyone using this lens who might lend me their opinion?
    If the lens is free of fungus or other glass damage and the focus/aperture are working properly without sticky blades the price is well worth it.

I've used this lens for years and would never get rid of it..

Go for it..................

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been wanting that lens for a long time since I borrowed one. The price is what has been keeping me from picking one up. KEH has two listed as BGN from $259-299 that is a good price as long as it isn't a basket case.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    I have been wanting that lens for a long time since I borrowed one. The price is what has been keeping me from picking one up. KEH has two listed as BGN from $259-299 that is a good price as long as it isn't a basket case.
    You should bite the bullet and get one. It is the best 85mm lens I have ever used and well worth the cost..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leicarfcam View Post
    You should bite the bullet and get one. It is the best 85mm lens I have ever used and well worth the cost..
    I know, I know, I'm just cheap. I plan on getting one soon tho.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a great comparison of the minolta 85's at rokkorfiles.com.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning JDSanika;

The fellow who is offering to you a Minolta ROKKOR 1.7/85 lens for only $225, really is a friend. As LeicaRFCam and GuitStik have indicated, that is a very nice price for that lens, being about 50% of the more common selling prices we see. Even at this point in the Holiday Season, it is worth the investment. You will not be disappointed with its performance with portraits. The 1/2 f-stop over the f/2.0 version does help with getting the focus point right. Actually, I am pretty happy with both versions. The ROKKOR 2/85 is quite a bit lighter and handier. The ROKKOR 2.8/85 VariSoft is here also, but the ROKKOR 1.7/85 is the one I use most often.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to all for the excellent infromation. I purchased the lens and I am looking forward to using it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats on a sweet deal!!! I've looked long and hard at 'em for a good while, but just wouldn't splash out for one. Now that i'm more into medium format, i *wish* i had picked one up.... They're still available, but as always in high demand and priced accordingly.

Enjoy!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin