Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,638   Online: 903

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Just gifted some OM gear!

So my boss knows I'm into photography and that I shoot film. He turns up today with a dusty box with an OM1, OM10 and two 50mm f1.8 zuikos! Both cameras appear to be in pretty decent nick and are in nice Olympus leather cases. The OM1 still has its box.

I have a soft spot for the OM10 as it was the first camera I ever used in 1998, borrowing my college's OM10. Never shot an OM1 though. Also, these days I have Minolta and Nikon systems. I'm not sure I really need to get into a third SLR system but everyone does rave about the OM so I expect I'll put some rolls through these.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool of my boss to donate his old cameras to me.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're Nikon is a Nikkormat with the shutter speeds on the lens mount - like the FT3 shown below, then the Minolta could be the odd camera out as the OM-1 adopted this arrangement too.

BTW, who doesn't have one from each system? Otherwise, how would you know which one is for you . . .

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Look at the size of that stupid Nikon. Shameful.

Shooter
    35mm
    Amazing that all of these use the same 35mm film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    whats amazing is when you put your eye to the om viewfinder. OoOoooo...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Amazing that all of these use the same 35mm film!
    I was amazed the first time I saw the size of a Nikon F4. It looks as if it should take 120 film!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    For sure there's no doubting the compactness of the OM system. However, my fave 35mm body (of any slr or rf) is without doubt the (large and heavy) Nikon F6. If I had to pick one camera only, that would without doubt be it. Anyhow Ill enjoy running some film through these olys.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    whats amazing is when you put your eye to the om viewfinder. OoOoooo...
    +1
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +2 . I have an OM-1, 3-OM-1n's, OM-2n, OM-4, and a load of Zuiko glass.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have temporarily owned a couple of OM-10s but I gave them away. There was nothing wromng with them but I didn't think I needed to start collecting yet another system.

The only Olympus item I have now is half of an OM 50mm lens which I use as the focusing mount for my 6x12 camera (link below). Don't worry, it was broken before I took it apart!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin