Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,862   Online: 1018

Shooter
    Medium Format

Contax "sticking mirror" problem

A colleague of mine reported the mirror on his Contax SLR had jammed up. I've heard of this problem from other Contax users. Is this a known issue with Contax SLR's? If so, anyone know the reason?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Is it a Contax RTS? Somewhere online there is a tutorial for fixing this issue, I will try to hunt it down.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I can't seem to find the link, sorry. Usually this problem is caused by a gear or a cog being out of place in the film advance mechanism on the bottom of the camera, your friend might consider taking the camera bottom of and see if he can find where the jam is.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the suggestions, I've only just be able to get hold of my colleague...the model he has is the Contax RX.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That camera is probably in need of a CLA
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin