Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,598   Online: 753

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    The XA was the camera known as the one professional photographers carried as a backup, and the Stylus hasn't earned it's long life and good reputation by being a lemon. Either one is a great camera, but I prefer the control that the XAs give. I shoot only slide film and the exposure on all of them is always right on.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    imnot reallly sure why i cant make for sale threads but i have a xa2 for sale if anyone wants it 35 bucks shipped.

Shooter
    35mm
    Within the confines of automatic p&s use, there is little difference between the two - Epic and 35Ti. In every other aspect, there is a world of difference commensurate with the features and price difference!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by awwsheeet View Post
    imnot reallly sure why i cant make for sale threads but i have a xa2 for sale if anyone wants it 35 bucks shipped.
    You need to be a paid subscriber to use the classifieds to sell things.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by awwsheeet View Post
    i have a tvs iii and its awesome. im not sure if other are as good or not but 30-60 zoom and contax build quality rules. zeiss optics!
    +1
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Ricoh 500 GX is something you have to take a look at
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    One thing to note is that the Stylus Epic usually tries to use the largest aperture available. Generally that is not optimal for any lens. Not only can the corners be softer, but that means very narrow plane of focus. Also, the flash is on by default.

A point and shoot is a point and shoot is a point and shoot.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    The flash default is the most annoying thing on the Oly, the markings have worn off the flash button on mine as I turn it off every time I use the camera. I get 'round the maximum aperture issue by shooting ASA800 film in daylight.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    re: flash on by default..

Actually that is pretty common on the AF compacts. One reason why the older ones (olympus XA, Nikon L35, Canon Af35m?) and the rangefinder compacts are nice.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin