Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,902   Posts: 1,555,827   Online: 766

Thread: Spot meter

Shooter
    35mm

Spot meter

Im looking to buy my first spotmeter.

I'm looking at the Sekonic L-328 flash meter and spot meter..

Are they any good?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In order to use this meter as a spot meter you'd have to buy a separate viewfinder.
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Phil;

As Macy mentioned, an accessory viewfinder is very helpful here. For best results with a spot meter, use one with a 1 degree wide sensitive area. That will allow you to look separately at the highlights and the shadows, or the light areas and the dark areas, and see the relative "brightness" of those areas. Normally your exposure setting will be around the average point between the high and the low.

Learning about and using a spot lightmeter can be a challenge in itself. You might also look at such philosophy for lighting and exposure as the Zone System by Ansell Adams. There are others, but his is probably the best known.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin