Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,516   Posts: 1,543,743   Online: 874

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AE-1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. I like the AE-1, but it is battery depended.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About the lenses: Canon's own lenses in the FD mount are generally good and extremely cheap, but there is some very good third-party glass out there as well. Asanuma seems to have been sort of like Vivitar, a reseller of lenses sourced from various manufacturers---I can't find anything about the specific lenses you have, but I suppose the thing to do is try them out and see what you get.

But given that you're just getting to grips with the camera itself, if I were you I'd leave the 50/1.8 parked on it for now, while you're getting comfortable. It's an excellent lens in its own right.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow I'm floored by the generousity of this forum thank you SO MUCH for everyone that replied I am loving it here and will keep reading up as I did when I was getting a grip on my dslr. I really appreciate all the advice you've provided. I am very used to shooting with 50mm lenses I had the 1.4 for my canon dslr and currently own the 1.8 for my nikon d90 which is what I mainly use now. I pushed myself to learn to use my dslr in manual since I bought it and the only thing I rely automatically on sometimes is focus but I prefer to focus manually too. I never took a photography class in my life and I had to figure out the exposure, aperture, ect on my own but in the srl it is mindboogling for me ^^; I am trying out different combos but I can't be sure if I'm doign the right thing until I get that first roll developed. I might just bring my dslr out with me and use the settings from that to compose my analog shots just to get comfortable with the new camera. I will try to find some cheap film around here I've only found film at walgreens so far (I live in puerto rico) but I will keep searching I will also stick with the 50mm for now...and guess what I'm already looking at other 35mm bodies its insane I can't help myself I keep seeing ones I love on the outside and also love the images they produce WHY DID I TAKE A LOOK AT ALL THOSE LEICAS??? And can someone tell me why they are so expensive? the images I've seen from the rangefinders are so pretty but the price scared me especially for their lens I need to do my research there still I feel so overwhelemed XD In the meantime I will keep reading and bugging you guys with questions XD thanks again so much!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How bad are shipping costs from the mainland? Your best bet for film may be mail-order from one of the usual suspects (e.g., B&H or Adorama).

Leica prices have a lot to do with the collectible market. If you want to see the other end of the market, look at the used prices for Canon EOS film bodies! (I paid US$6 for mine; see if you can beat that...)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If your Dslr was a 2/3 sensor, the 50 on film will be a slightly wider viewing angle.
    On the dxxxl it was about 75-80m equivalent.

PM me your address and I'll mail you a good book. Keep it for reference or pass it on when you've gotten what you want out of it.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of the best sources of information on the Canon FD lenses and the A a T range of cameras can be found on

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...SLRs/index.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks to all of you again so much John I've pmd you and AgX going there right now! thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin