Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,595   Online: 834

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon F - wind crank little loose

Hi all,

I got myself original Nikon F (to have full mechanical body next to F3), and all is working fine except wind crank is a little loose. It winds the film ok, no problem, but question is shall I make some reparation by myself, is there some decent service close to Warsaw, Poland, or just leave it?

thanks,

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Hi all,

I got myself original Nikon F (to have full mechanical body next to F3), and all is working fine except wind crank is a little loose. It winds the film ok, no problem, but question is shall I make some reparation by myself, is there some decent service close to Warsaw, Poland, or just leave it?

thanks,
    Describe "loose." They're actually a bit sloppy compared to the F3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I can move the tip of the advance lever about 1.5mm vertically when the lever is at rest just out from the body. 1960 model, never been serviced, and I don't know how many tens of thousands of frames have been shot on it in 50 years.

Service manuals are at http://arcticwolfs.net/

That part is fairly easy to adjust/tighten with a few screwdrivers if needed.

Yes the F3 has less play.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for replay . It goes up-down vertically around 2mm - so I guess it is normal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never thought about it before but I just went and checked my two F bodies. Both the 1968 body and the 1962 body (rebuilt by Nikon in Tokyo in 1979) have that much play in them.

Ken

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Even my 1972 and 1973 model "Apollo" F's were the same way. So, not to worry about it.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F FTn, FM2n, Nikomat FT2, Nikkormat FT3 - all blk bodies
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (for DPUG), 28/3.5 H, 35/2 O, 35-135/3.5-4.5 AF, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.4 SC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS

My FB - My flickr stream

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My '65 is about the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks to all

cheers,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One 1968 F and one 1974 "Apollo", both have noticeably looser wind levers than other Nikons (or other cameras for that matter).
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin