Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,718   Posts: 1,514,837   Online: 939

Shooter
    35mm

mamiya sekor auto 28 f/2.8 SX

Hi, I found a Mamiya 28 auto 2,8 SX lens with M42 thread for about 120$ and was thinking to buy it.
    what do you think about this lens? Do anybody have experience with this lens? Which should be a good choice for this focal lenght?
    I use Flektogon 35 f2.4, planar 50 1.8 HFT and Sonnar 135 3.5 on a Rolleiflex SL35E camera and would want buy a 28mm lens too... Let me know your suggestions.... Thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not familiar with that particular Mamiya M42 lenses but most of the others I see go for much less. Consider a Pentax Takumar 28mm, great lenses and can be had for 40-60% less than that price if you watch for them...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, I have the Color-Skoparex 28mm f/2.8 for my Rolleiflex SL. This is a re-badged Mamiya Sekor, and like all the Mamiya lenses, is of excellent quality. Mine is sharp and contrasty, so I would imagine that the M42 is exactly the same.
    You should be able to get a QBM mount version of this lens for around that money, which would save mucking around with adaptors.
    Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't used that particular lens, but have used other rebranded for Rollei Mamiya lenses of that generation: they were all at least a solid good, in some cases very good. Never quite reaching the heights of the Zeiss lenses they were the cheaper alternative to, but sometimes coming close...
    As mentioned, the price seems a tad high.

I'd try to find the same lens in QBM mount, as that will make life a bit easier for you and shouldn't cost any more.

Other M42 28mm lenses to watch out for: Tamron SP, Takumar (Pentax), Schneider Curtagon.
    A very nice lens in M42, though 30mm instead of 28, is the Meyer Lydith f/3.5: very sharp and inexpensive, though, IIRC, only available in manual or pre-set diaphragm.
    Last edited by Rol_Lei Nut; 12-05-2011 at 07:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin