Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,732   Online: 826

Shooter
    35mm

Help! I can't wind up the film on my AE-1

Hi again ^^; After a disturbing first roll experince with my AE-1 where I didn't load the film well and ended up no tkaign any pics on my first roll XDDDD I put in a new one and made sure this one REALLY was loaded and started shooting. Well on my 26th shot the film advance lever stopped working I can't move up the film to take a new pic or take a shot. I have no idea what is going on. Remember I just went analog and this is my girst non digital cam. I've googled this and found many people have faced simmilar problems but is there anything I can do to troubleshoot without opening up the camera? I found a thread here that seems helpful but the suggestions are to open up the bottom or top and I want to try evne the simplest thing to see if it will work. I also wouldnt want to lose this film since it's my true first film on it and already had 26 exposures. HELP I'm devastated thinking its somehting bad and I was so anxious to se these first pics!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you probably got to the end of the roll. The easiest thing at this point would be to push in the rewind button on the bottom of the camera and rewind the film and remove it for processing. At that point, you can check the camera with or without film to check the advance and shutter operation.
    Rewind until it stops or you feel no more resistance. Usually you will hear when the film comes off the winding spool.
    Last edited by bdial; 12-04-2011 at 03:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    First thing I would check is the battery.
    Can you see through the camera?
    Is the needle working?
    If you are worried about loosing the film press the rewind button on the bottom and rewind the film.
    Others will like the Lithium battery but I always went for the PX-28 Silver.

Francis in VT

Shooter
    35mm
    bdail I feel totally REATRDED right now XDDDD You are completely right XD The film only had 24 exposures mwahahha Let me explain for a sec that I'm not usually this slowwww this only happened because I thought I had my 400 ISO film which is 36 exposures and I thought this 200 ISO film was also 36 exposures but is only had 24 LMAO SO sorry peeps [lease bare with the slow newbie I promise many more freak outs but than god my new old baby ae-1 is ok and bdail got my brian working again THANK YOU!!!! *SOEMBARASSEDDD*

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anayari View Post
    bdail I feel totally REATRDED right now XDDDD You are completely right XD The film only had 24 exposures mwahahha Let me explain for a sec that I'm not usually this slowwww this only happened because I thought I had my 400 ISO film which is 36 exposures and I thought this 200 ISO film was also 36 exposures but is only had 24 LMAO SO sorry peeps [lease bare with the slow newbie I promise many more freak outs but than god my new old baby ae-1 is ok and bdail got my brian working again THANK YOU!!!! *SOEMBARASSEDDD*
    You are neither slow or retarded, just new to something foreign to you. You cannot go by the ISO for frame count because they come in either 24 or 36 exp. the best thing to do is to take the box end and slip it into the little frame on the film door to remind you of what is loaded in the camera. As I have told you in previous threads, slow down and take deep breathes and try not to get to excited. Your finding out some of the little eccentricities of shooting with film. It's a good thing that you have found us and that we are here to help.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin