Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,584   Online: 985

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very nice indeed.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great pictures!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anayari View Post
    thank you all so much I have to say I am HOOKED and already have a second roll this one is b/w and I'm dying to see it already XD I need to slow down...two cameras in I don't even know how little time too ^^; I'm doomed!
    Do you have your black and white processing lined up? It's harder to find than color. There are places who do it but you may well have to send it out mail order depending on where you are. It costs more than color usually too. You'll definitely want to set up for doing your own black and white.

Echoing the other thoughts, you're doing great, keep it up!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congratulations, Anayari! Gorgeous pics

I have to agree with those suggesting you develop your own black and white. Now that is addictive
    Have fun!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks much you guys I have other pics I liked but not as much as these I switched lens halfway through my roll to a 30-120mm I htink it was and I'm not used to working that lens and the results weren't that good. I have 2 other lens that came with the AE-1 I got one is a 80-200 zoom I think and the other seems to have a macro that one I'll have to try out. The thing is that I'm not very good with lens that don't have a big aperture so I really want some faster lenses for this body any recommendations on that? I will definetly try out my own b/w but I need to get some regular b/w film yet as the one I got was this crappy process anywhere kind from kodak from the drugstore that's all they had. I am going to see if I can get the chemicals and canisters and such to try it out any recommendations as to where to buy these for a cheap price? I wonder if they will deliver to puerto rico too ^^;

Shooter
    Multi Format
    love the portrait of your daughter. At least 2 of apug sponsors have good prices on chemicals and film precision camera and freestyle. they should ship to puerto rico . Not sure how much it would cost though. If shipping is way high you may want to see if there are any camera / photography clubs near you that do group buys to save on shipping

Shooter
    35mm
    Awesome job! I just got my first test roll of film shot in my AE-1 (non Program) developed a couple of days ago. I didn't try to do anything like you did. I took snaps of streets, street signs and other "throw away" shots because my goal was to see if the camera was in good shape and detect light leaks. All my prints came out fine, so NOW I can do like you and actually take some REAL pictures. I'm so excited that if I were a dog my tail would be thumping non-stop!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks so much niftyfifty! I didn't like a lot of my pictured from this roll I thought a lot of them were underexposed but I'm still getting the hang of this whole thing and feel a bit intimidated by it XD Even though I shoot manual on my dslr I just don't know if what I was doing there is the same that I am goind here and this is a lot less handheld than digital. I think I have the aperture/speed thing down but since I taught myself by reading and practicing I don't have a lot of technical knowledge and don't feel very confident in what I'm doing XD I can't wait to see your next film please share with us and I already have a b/w one to develop but need to wait a bit because I want to take a few at once hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyFifty View Post
    Awesome job! I just got my first test roll of film shot in my AE-1 (non Program) developed a couple of days ago. I didn't try to do anything like you did. I took snaps of streets, street signs and other "throw away" shots because my goal was to see if the camera was in good shape and detect light leaks. All my prints came out fine, so NOW I can do like you and actually take some REAL pictures. I'm so excited that if I were a dog my tail would be thumping non-stop!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anayari View Post
    Thanks much you guys I have other pics I liked but not as much as these I switched lens halfway through my roll to a 30-120mm I htink it was and I'm not used to working that lens and the results weren't that good. I have 2 other lens that came with the AE-1 I got one is a 80-200 zoom I think and the other seems to have a macro that one I'll have to try out. The thing is that I'm not very good with lens that don't have a big aperture so I really want some faster lenses for this body any recommendations on that? I will definetly try out my own b/w but I need to get some regular b/w film yet as the one I got was this crappy process anywhere kind from kodak from the drugstore that's all they had. I am going to see if I can get the chemicals and canisters and such to try it out any recommendations as to where to buy these for a cheap price? I wonder if they will deliver to puerto rico too ^^;
    If that's Kodak BW400CN it's FAR from "crappy." It's actually excellent film and some years ago I shot a lot of the Ilford competitor, XP2, even though I could do conventional black and white. It's really a color film with only one dye layer, a black dye, so it can be developed in color negative chemicals. You may get "crappy" results though because it's likely to be printed on a machine intended for color printing and the prints will likely have a color cast. If the operator carefully adjusts this it can actually look nice, but don't count on that.

The good news is once you start printing your own black and white, you can make really good conventional prints from those negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, guys;

It is not yet clear who really set the hook, but it is becoming obvious that she has been successfully converted. We know that she is happy with her first roll, and she has just one film body, but it does have other lenses. It will be interesting to see what a year can bring. Has anyone asked Suzanne Revy to talk with her also?

Remember now, no one says anything to her about GAS.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin